Innovative patient care, individualized education, leading research
The Division of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation provides inpatient, outpatient, outreach and telehealth care. Our members teach residents and medical and health profession students all aspects of physical medicine and rehabilitation, with emphasis on neurological diseases and disorders, as part of the Dalhousie Department of Medicine.
Health care providers and educators from coast to coast seek our expertise in wheelchair safety and performance and in neuropathic pain, and our members lead the only accredited spinal care and brain injury programs in Canada.
We pride ourselves on:
- innovative programs and services to best meet patient needs
- individualized education and training
- leading research, namely in wheelchair safety and performance, and technology that facilitates rehabilitation care
We work closely with the Nova Scotia Health Authority and its rehabilitation and supportive care services to support the 66-bed inpatient rehabilitation centre and three main inpatient programs:
- acquired brain injury
- musculoskeletal and amputee
- neurorehabilitation and spinal cord injury