Dr. Shashi Gujar, DVM, PhD, MHA
- Cancer immunotherapies
- Oncolytic viruses
- Applied immunomics
Bachelor of Veterinary Sciences and Animal Husbandry (Marathwada Agricultural University, Parbhani, MH, India)
Masters in Biotechnology (Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Bareilly, UP, India)
Doctorate in Immunology and Infectious Diseases (Memorial University of Newfoundland)
Postdoctoral Training (Dalhousie University)
Masters in Health Administration (Dalhousie University)
Dr. Gujar’s research program focuses on molecular and immunological aspects of human health, with special focus on cancer immunotherapies. His multi-disciplinary interests include Oncolytic viruses, Immunology and immunotherapies, Epitope discovery, Cellular biology and metabolism, Applied immunomics and Proteo-immuno-metabolomics.
- Sharif T, Martell E, Dai C, Kennedy B, Murphy JP, Clements D, Kim Y, Lee P* and Gujar S*. (*Corresponding authors). (2016). Autophagic homeostasis is required for the pluripotency of cancer stem cells. Autophagy (Accepted).
- Clements DR , Sterea AM , Kim Y , Helson E , Dean CA , Nunokawa A , Coyle KM , Sharif T , Marcato P , Gujar S* , Lee PW* . (*Corresponding authors). (2015). Newly recruited CD11b+, GR-1+, Ly6C(high) myeloid cells augment tumor-associated immunosuppression immediately following the therapeutic administration of oncolytic reovirus. Journal of immunology; 194(9): 4397-412.
- Garant K, Ahn D, Shmulevitz M, Pan L, Daigle RM, Gujar S* and Lee P* (*Corresponding authors). (2015). Oncolytic reovirus induces intracellular redistribution of Ras to promote apoptosis and progeny virus release. Oncogene. 1(194): 4397.
- Sharif T, Ahn D, Liu R, Pringle E , Martell E, Dai C, Nunokawa A, Kwak M, Clements D, Murphy P, Dean C, Marcato P, McCormick C, Godbout R, Gujar S* and Lee P* (*Corresponding authors). (2015). The NAD+ salvage pathway modulates cancer cell viability via p73. Cell Death and Differentiation. 2015: 1-12.
- Clements DR , Kim Y , Gujar SA* , Lee PW*. (*Corresponding authors). (2015). All that glitters is not gold: the need to consider desirable and undesirable immune aspects of oncolytic virus therapy. Oncoimmunology. 5(1):e1057674.