Expand your knowledge
Whether you're a practising pediatrician or a resident, you’ll find plenty of value in attending our Grand Rounds. Accredited by the Royal College as a Category 1 Continuing Professional Development activity, these Rounds cover a wide range of basic and clinical science topics relevant to pediatrics.
Although all members of the IWK community are invited, the presentations, which feature a mix of faculty, residents and visiting professors, are developed with pediatricians in mind.
When: Wednesdays, January 2019 - June 2019
Time: 9 a.m. – 10 a.m.
Where: The IWK Health Centre, Cineplex Theatre (unless otherwise indicated)
Online: For those who would like to join online: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/207482381
You can also dial in using your phone: Canada: +1 (647) 497-9391 Access Code: 207-482-381
|June 12, 2019||Presenter: Dr. Erin Quigley, Resident
Title: "Children in Care"
1) Describe CPS and AAP guidelines for children in care.
2) Understand the NS legislation that applies to this population.
3) Describe Canadian and Nova Scotian Statistics applicable to children in care.
4) Appreciate the specific health issues in this population and the challenges in caring for this population.
|June 19, 2019||Presenter: Jane Kovarikova, PhD, ABD, Western University, Founder, Child Welfare PAC
Title: "Can We Fix Child Protection So Kids Succeed After Care?"
1) Explore leading data on youth outcomes after care.
2) Analyze the "fix the youth" policy rut and system design.
3) Create cultural shift to evidence-based and outcomes-focused care.
|June 26, 2019||Topic: Best of CPS
Learning Objectives: TBD