Dr. Robert Abraham, MD, FRCPC
- Interventional Radiology
- Embolization – development of imageable bland permanent and resorbable embolic microspheres
- Interventional Oncology – development of imageable 90Y radioembolic microspheres
- Vertebroplasty/Kyphoplasty – development of novel bone augmentation cements and systems
- Interventional Radiology practice guidelines
- Fellowship, (interventional), Royal Melbourne Hospital
- Residency, (FRCPC - Diagnostic Radiology)
- Medical internship, St. Paul’s Hospital, Vancouver
- MD, Dalhousie University
- BSc., (Chemistry), Dalhousie University
Dr. Robert (Bob) Abraham is a practicing clinician and interventional radiologist. His primary expertise is in endovascular treatment of liver cancer and vascular disease. Dr. Abraham's skills and experience cover all aspects of IR including minimally invasive cancer therapy (Y-90 radioembolization, chemoembolization and bland embolization), angioplasty/intravascular stenting for peripheral vascular disease, venous access. He established the Uterine Fibroid Embolization program as well as the 90Y Radioembolization program at the QEII Hospital and is the lead IR for endovascular treatment of complex thoracic and abdominal aortic aneurysms (fenestrated and branched stent graft deployment).
Dr. Abraham co-founded ABK Biomedical Inc. and led ABK as CEO until August 2018 having raising over $12 million in equity investment and over $5 million in additional non-dilutive grant funding. ABK Biomedical is developing next generation imageable Y-90 radioembolization products and has a 6000 sq.ft. manufacturing and R&D facility and has 18 employees. He is currently Chief Medical Officer and conducts research on the innovative products being developed. Dr. Abraham is also co-founder and CMO of Covina Biomedical Inc. which is developing minimally invasive bone augmentation systems.
Dr. Abraham has been profiled in Interventional News and is currently serving as Past President for the Canadian Association for Interventional Radiology (CAIR).
Awards and honours:
- Fellowship of Society of Interventional Radiology (FSIR), 2016
- President Canadian Interventional Radiology Association (CIRA), 2014 to 2016
- Program Chair, CIRA Annual Scientific Meeting, 2012 and 2013
- Chief Examiner (Chair), Diagnostic Radiology, Royal College of Canada, 2010-2014
- Chair, Oral Examination Committee, Royal College of Canada, 2005-2009
- Research supported by multiple grants, totaling over $4 M