- Residency, imaging physics, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston
- MSc, medical physics, Carleton University
- MSc, physics, Kazakh State University
- BSc, physics, Kazakh State University
- Computer programming, MICAN Business College, Ottawa
Dr. Elena Tonkopi has been a member of Canadian College of Physicists in Medicine since 2012. Her clinical sub-specialties include establishing of DRLs for different examinations involving ionizing radiation, radiologic examinations and cancer risk, CT dose optimization, radiation dose in interventional radiology and new contrast agents (radiopaque particles, gold nanoparticles) for applications in x-ray imaging.