Matthias Schmidt, MSc, MD, FRCPC
- Fellowship, Neuroradiology, Dalhousie University
- Fellowship, Pediatric Radiology, University of Toronto
- MD with honours, University of Toronto
- Master of Science, Pharmacology, University of Toronto
- Bachelor of Science, Pharmacology with high distinction, University of Toronto
Following completion of his training in pediatric radiology at the Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto, Dr. Schmidt started to work at the IWK Health Centre in 2000. He served as Chief of Diagnostic Imaging between 2002 and 2007.
After a second fellowship in diagnostic and interventional neuroradiology, Dr. Schmidt accepted a position as staff neuroradiologist at the QEII Health Sciences Centre. He is currently a full professor in Diagnostic Radiology at Dalhousie University.
Dr. Schmidt's research and clinical interests are innovative imaging techniques, neuroimaging ethics and epilepsy.