Dr. Siân Iles, MD FRCPC
- Nuclear medicine
- Nuclear Medicine and Radiology
- Section Head Breast Imaging
- Associate Professor Dalhousie University
- FRCPCC, nuclear medicine
- Fellowship, nuclear medicine, Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology
- Residency, diagnostic radiology & nuclear medicine, Dalhousie University
- Internship, rotating, Victoria Hospital
- MD, Dalhousie University
Dr. Siân Iles is dual certified in Breast Imaging and Nuclear Medicine. She was Head of Breast Imaging at the VG Hospital prior to amalgamation and has worked closely with Dr Caines in the Nova Scotia Breast Screening Program since its inception in 1991.
Dr. Iles worked in Sydney, Nova Scotia for ten years, running the Breast Imaging Service there and continuing her relationship with the NSBSP and Dalhousie University.
She has been Section Head in the Central Zone/IWK since 2010. Her aim is to provide an integrated breast imaging service with close relationships with Surgery, Pathology and Oncology in order to provide excellence in multidisciplinary patient care.
She enjoys teaching residents the rewards of integrating the multidisciplinary approach with the practice of Breast Imaging.