Dr. Siân Iles, MD FRCPC
- Nuclear medicine
- Nuclear Medicine and Radiology
- Section Head Breast Imaging
- Associate Professor Dalhousie University
- FRCPCC, nuclear medicine
- Fellowship, nuclear medicine, Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology
- Residency, diagnostic radiology & nuclear medicine, Dalhousie University
- Internship, rotating, Victoria Hospital
- MD, Dalhousie University
Dr. Siân Iles is dual certified in Radiology and Nuclear Medicine. Her main interest in Radiology is breast imaging.
She has been Section Head of Breast Imaging in the Central Zone/IWK since 2011. Her aim is to provide an integrated breast imaging service with close relationships with Surgery, Pathology and Oncology in order to provide excellence in multidisciplinary patient care. In 2017 she became Medical Advisor to the Nova Scotia Breast Screening Program.
She enjoys teaching residents the rewards of integrating the multidisciplinary approach in the practice of Breast Imaging and working on ways to constantly improve quality of care.
In addition Dr Iles practices general Nuclear Medicine. She has worked with Osteoporosis Canada on the Scientific Advisory Committee and also collaborates with Dr Steve Burrell and Dr Diane Theriault in the development of standardized reporting for Bone Densitometry in Nova Scotia.