» Go to news main
Dalhousie Medicine profs win Governor General's Innovation Award for unique distance service delivery system
Two Dalhousie professors are receiving Canada’s highest honour for innovation.
Today, the Governor General of Canada, David Johnston, announced that Dr. Patrick McGrath and Dr. Patricia Lingley-Pottie are 2017 recipients of the Governor General’s Innovation Awardfor their pioneering work to establish the Strongest Families Institute.
A freestanding, not-for-profit, self-sustaining charitable organization, Strongest Families Institute has already helped more than 12,000 Canadian families. Strongest Families has achieved far-reaching results, resolving child and youth mental health and other issues affecting wellbeing by providing them with evidence-based skills for life.
Read more on Dal News.
- Making Breathing Easier for Heart Patients
- Time and Compassion: The Key to Outstanding Patient Experience
- Canada Research Chairs Announced
- Dalhousie Medical School launching new opioid‑prescribing education programs for learners and physicians
- Dalhousie Medicine profs win Governor General's Innovation Award for unique distance service delivery system
- Dalhousie expands health sciences summer camps for African Nova Scotian youth
- Canadian Association for Medical Education honours Dalhousie's Dr. Joan Sargeant
- Committed to his Community