» Go to news main
Dalhousie Medicine profs win Governor General's Innovation Award for unique distance service delivery system
Two Dalhousie professors are receiving Canada’s highest honour for innovation.
Today, the Governor General of Canada, David Johnston, announced that Dr. Patrick McGrath and Dr. Patricia Lingley-Pottie are 2017 recipients of the Governor General’s Innovation Awardfor their pioneering work to establish the Strongest Families Institute.
A freestanding, not-for-profit, self-sustaining charitable organization, Strongest Families Institute has already helped more than 12,000 Canadian families. Strongest Families has achieved far-reaching results, resolving child and youth mental health and other issues affecting wellbeing by providing them with evidence-based skills for life.
Read more on Dal News.
- Dr. Margaret Casey: a crusader for community‑based health care
- Dal Med student receives Canadian Medical Hall of Fame Award
- The gift of time: retirement allows Dal doc to pursue her passions
- Student‑run program showcases careers in different medical specialties
- Dr. Joni Guptill, Running in where everyone else is running out
- Elective in Canada's North: Rural family medicine in Iqaluit
- Dal working to support Saudi students in wake of potential withdrawal
- Big commitment: med students prep for Big Swim charity fundraiser