» Go to news main
Dalhousie Medicine profs win Governor General's Innovation Award for unique distance service delivery system
Two Dalhousie professors are receiving Canada’s highest honour for innovation.
Today, the Governor General of Canada, David Johnston, announced that Dr. Patrick McGrath and Dr. Patricia Lingley-Pottie are 2017 recipients of the Governor General’s Innovation Awardfor their pioneering work to establish the Strongest Families Institute.
A freestanding, not-for-profit, self-sustaining charitable organization, Strongest Families Institute has already helped more than 12,000 Canadian families. Strongest Families has achieved far-reaching results, resolving child and youth mental health and other issues affecting wellbeing by providing them with evidence-based skills for life.
Read more on Dal News.
- Dal Med Innovator | Dr. Karen Mann
- Dal bioethicist urges academics to stimulate debate on hot‑button topics
- First woman in Canada to become a Dean of Medicine accepts Trailblazer Award
- Grad Profile: On a mission to improve mother and baby health around the world
- Grad Profiles: Stepping forward while looking back
- Impact Players
- Med students give community organizations a helping hand
- Dal epidemiologist shows probiotics prevent C. difficile in hospital