» Go to news main
Dalhousie Medicine profs win Governor General's Innovation Award for unique distance service delivery system
Two Dalhousie professors are receiving Canada’s highest honour for innovation.
Today, the Governor General of Canada, David Johnston, announced that Dr. Patrick McGrath and Dr. Patricia Lingley-Pottie are 2017 recipients of the Governor General’s Innovation Awardfor their pioneering work to establish the Strongest Families Institute.
A freestanding, not-for-profit, self-sustaining charitable organization, Strongest Families Institute has already helped more than 12,000 Canadian families. Strongest Families has achieved far-reaching results, resolving child and youth mental health and other issues affecting wellbeing by providing them with evidence-based skills for life.
Read more on Dal News.
- Bringing Dal‑developed cancer treatment technology to the world
- Helping Advance Alzheimer's Disease Research Toward Clinical Trials
- BRIC NS Lays Foundation for a Future of Better Care
- Bringing it all back home: Medical Sciences student aims to make a difference in her community
- Above and Beyond for Students: Meet the 2017 Rosemary Gill Award Winners
- Canadian Immunization Research Network Receives $10 Million from Government of Canada
- PHOTO ESSAY: A RURAL WEEK EXPERIENCE FOR YEAR 1 MEDICINE STUDENTS
- Grads profile: Ready to lead and make a difference