» Go to news main
Dalhousie Medicine profs win Governor General's Innovation Award for unique distance service delivery system
Two Dalhousie professors are receiving Canada’s highest honour for innovation.
Today, the Governor General of Canada, David Johnston, announced that Dr. Patrick McGrath and Dr. Patricia Lingley-Pottie are 2017 recipients of the Governor General’s Innovation Awardfor their pioneering work to establish the Strongest Families Institute.
A freestanding, not-for-profit, self-sustaining charitable organization, Strongest Families Institute has already helped more than 12,000 Canadian families. Strongest Families has achieved far-reaching results, resolving child and youth mental health and other issues affecting wellbeing by providing them with evidence-based skills for life.
Read more on Dal News.
- State of the art tools and equipment to support discovery and innovation
- To x‑ray or not to x‑ray: Decision tool to help emergency doctors choose right tests for patients with back pain
- Dalhousie researchers help NS company launch eel aquaculture business
- Dementia prevention, intervention and care: Dal prof plays key role in Lancet commission
- Understanding LGBTQ2SIA+ health
- Honouring the Unspoken Teachers
- Working together for "Wheezy Will"
- Casting new perspectives on palliative care