» Go to news main
Dalhousie Medicine profs win Governor General's Innovation Award for unique distance service delivery system
Two Dalhousie professors are receiving Canada’s highest honour for innovation.
Today, the Governor General of Canada, David Johnston, announced that Dr. Patrick McGrath and Dr. Patricia Lingley-Pottie are 2017 recipients of the Governor General’s Innovation Awardfor their pioneering work to establish the Strongest Families Institute.
A freestanding, not-for-profit, self-sustaining charitable organization, Strongest Families Institute has already helped more than 12,000 Canadian families. Strongest Families has achieved far-reaching results, resolving child and youth mental health and other issues affecting wellbeing by providing them with evidence-based skills for life.
Read more on Dal News.
- More than meds
- Educating for health care's collaborative future
- Dal PhD candidate among elite young scientists invited to Lindau Nobel Laureate meeting
- Photo Essay: 2017 Thomas and Alice Morgans Fear Memorial Conference
- First World War Surgeons Recognized Through Rememberance Project
- Continuing a generous legacy
- Canadian Institute for Child Health honours Dal Med School prof
- OPINION: Systemic issues in mental health care provision