» Go to news main
Casting new perspectives on palliative care
Researchers from three provinces are challenging the stigma surrounding end-of-life care by merging scientific research with performance art.
Brenda Sabo, an associate professor in Dal’s School of Nursing, and a research team that includes physicians, nurses, family members, an epidemiologist and a bereavement counsellor have created the PEACE Project (Palliative Education through Art Communication and Engagement).
“I’ve been using art as a medium to present my research since 2007,” says Dr. Sabo. “It seemed like a no-brainer to include artistic elements in this project as well.”
Read more on Dal News.
- Dr. Margaret Casey: a crusader for community‑based health care
- Dal Med student receives Canadian Medical Hall of Fame Award
- The gift of time: retirement allows Dal doc to pursue her passions
- Student‑run program showcases careers in different medical specialties
- Dr. Joni Guptill, Running in where everyone else is running out
- Elective in Canada's North: Rural family medicine in Iqaluit
- Dal working to support Saudi students in wake of potential withdrawal
- Big commitment: med students prep for Big Swim charity fundraiser