» Go to news main
Casting new perspectives on palliative care
Researchers from three provinces are challenging the stigma surrounding end-of-life care by merging scientific research with performance art.
Brenda Sabo, an associate professor in Dal’s School of Nursing, and a research team that includes physicians, nurses, family members, an epidemiologist and a bereavement counsellor have created the PEACE Project (Palliative Education through Art Communication and Engagement).
“I’ve been using art as a medium to present my research since 2007,” says Dr. Sabo. “It seemed like a no-brainer to include artistic elements in this project as well.”
Read more on Dal News.
- Sultan Darvesh: Revolutionary researcher
- Dal Med Innovator | Annie Hamilton
- Medical faculty appointed to Canadian Academy of Health Sciences
- Alumni Revolutionary Researcher Profile: Sultan Darvesh (MD'88)
- Noble goals, dedicated doctors
- Wait times? There's an app for that
- Dal researchers target cannabinoid receptors with new line of pain relief products
- Sleep apnea key symptom of rare disease