» Go to news main
Three members of Sobey family to receive humanitarian award
The Canadian Red Cross has announced that business leaders Paul, Frank and Rob Sobey will be co-recipients of its 2017 Humanitarian Award for Nova Scotia for maintaining and expanding a family tradition of improving lives through their support to numerous health, education, cultural and community causes.
In addition to post-secondary scholarships, research chairs and academic chairs across the Atlantic provinces and beyond, the Sobeys support programs to advance health care such as the Dalhousie Medical Research Foundation, the Sobey Cancer Support Centre in Halifax, the Alzheimer's Caregivers Society, and the Aberdeen Health Foundation in Pictou County.
Read more on The News
- Staying connected: Peer support workers provide mental health advice and support
- Taking the experience all in ‑ and giving back too
- Front line: A Dalhousie med student's trial by fire
- How the genomics health revolution is failing ethnic minorities
- Dalhousie home to three new Canada Research Chairs
- A third dimension of innovation
- Announcement: Dr. Ronald Stewart makes $1.3 million pledge to Dalhousie Medical Research Foundation
- Dalhousie Medical School receives accreditation for eight‑year term