» Go to news main
Three members of Sobey family to receive humanitarian award
The Canadian Red Cross has announced that business leaders Paul, Frank and Rob Sobey will be co-recipients of its 2017 Humanitarian Award for Nova Scotia for maintaining and expanding a family tradition of improving lives through their support to numerous health, education, cultural and community causes.
In addition to post-secondary scholarships, research chairs and academic chairs across the Atlantic provinces and beyond, the Sobeys support programs to advance health care such as the Dalhousie Medical Research Foundation, the Sobey Cancer Support Centre in Halifax, the Alzheimer's Caregivers Society, and the Aberdeen Health Foundation in Pictou County.
Read more on The News
- A New Director at the Helm of DMNB's Skilled Clinician Course
- Soaring to New Heights
- Your First Year at Dal Med
- Improving access to mental health support for Dalhousie and King's students
- For the love of research: Dal med student leading author on paper published in renowned society journal
- How doctors are dealing with Nova Scotias opioid addiction
- OPINION: Local mental health guide a promising tool for teachers
- State of the art tools and equipment to support discovery and innovation