» Go to news main
Three members of Sobey family to receive humanitarian award
The Canadian Red Cross has announced that business leaders Paul, Frank and Rob Sobey will be co-recipients of its 2017 Humanitarian Award for Nova Scotia for maintaining and expanding a family tradition of improving lives through their support to numerous health, education, cultural and community causes.
In addition to post-secondary scholarships, research chairs and academic chairs across the Atlantic provinces and beyond, the Sobeys support programs to advance health care such as the Dalhousie Medical Research Foundation, the Sobey Cancer Support Centre in Halifax, the Alzheimer's Caregivers Society, and the Aberdeen Health Foundation in Pictou County.
Read more on The News
- CADTH Recognizes Rising Star Dr Michelle Mujoomdar
- Dal internist co‑authors paper for The Lancet on Canada’s health leadership obligations
- Molly Appeal to support advanced brain research with new tissue processing machine
- Entering the Den for a research prize
- Dal Med Innovator | Dr. Lea Steeves
- U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH) awards Dal‑led project $3.2 million to develop new immunotherapy drugs for advanced melanoma
- New Canada 150 Research Chair in Vaccinology and Global Health to Call Dalhousie Home
- Dalhousie Original | Dr. Ford Doolittle