» Go to news main
OPINION: Local mental health guide a promising tool for teachers
Renowned expert in adolescent mental health and leader in mental health research, Dr. Stan Kutcher launched the Mental Health Academy in 2006.
The academy uses evidence-based research and programs to train educators in supporting their students.
In late July, over 400 teachers and school service providers attended the academy, hosted at Halifax West High School, for a two-day conference focusing on child and teen mental health.
"Good mental health literacy programs tend to exhibit four components: understanding how to obtain and maintain good mental health; understanding mental disorders and their treatments; decreasing stigma; and enhancing help-seeking efficacy (knowing when, where, and how to obtain proper care)."
Read more in the Chronicle Herald.
- CADTH Recognizes Rising Star Dr Michelle Mujoomdar
- Dal internist co‑authors paper for The Lancet on Canada’s health leadership obligations
- Molly Appeal to support advanced brain research with new tissue processing machine
- Entering the Den for a research prize
- Dal Med Innovator | Dr. Lea Steeves
- U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH) awards Dal‑led project $3.2 million to develop new immunotherapy drugs for advanced melanoma
- New Canada 150 Research Chair in Vaccinology and Global Health to Call Dalhousie Home
- Dalhousie Original | Dr. Ford Doolittle