» Go to news main
Announcement: Dr. Ronald Stewart makes $1.3 million pledge to Dalhousie Medical Research Foundation
Esteemed physician, former Nova Scotia Minister of Health and beloved Dalhousie faculty member Dr. Ronald Stewart has pledged $1.3 million to the Dalhousie Medical Research Foundation (DMRF).
Dr. Stewart is an accomplished physician, politician, and researcher who studied and worked at Dalhousie’s Medical School. A leader in health system reform, Dr. Stewart established the highly-recognized current Emergency Health Services (EHS) system and a major expansion of home care services.
The funds will support of the establishment of the Ronald Stewart Symposium in Emergency Medical Services Research and provide seed funding for a chair in the same field. This pledge, announced last week, will be paid out over the next ten years.
Look for more about Dr. Stewart's gift in a future Dal News article.
Read more in Dal News.
- Dal Med Innovator | Dr. Karen Mann
- Dal bioethicist urges academics to stimulate debate on hot‑button topics
- First woman in Canada to become a Dean of Medicine accepts Trailblazer Award
- Grad Profile: On a mission to improve mother and baby health around the world
- Grad Profiles: Stepping forward while looking back
- Impact Players
- Med students give community organizations a helping hand
- Dal epidemiologist shows probiotics prevent C. difficile in hospital