» Go to news main
Announcement: Dr. Ronald Stewart makes $1.3 million pledge to Dalhousie Medical Research Foundation
Esteemed physician, former Nova Scotia Minister of Health and beloved Dalhousie faculty member Dr. Ronald Stewart has pledged $1.3 million to the Dalhousie Medical Research Foundation (DMRF).
Dr. Stewart is an accomplished physician, politician, and researcher who studied and worked at Dalhousie’s Medical School. A leader in health system reform, Dr. Stewart established the highly-recognized current Emergency Health Services (EHS) system and a major expansion of home care services.
The funds will support of the establishment of the Ronald Stewart Symposium in Emergency Medical Services Research and provide seed funding for a chair in the same field. This pledge, announced last week, will be paid out over the next ten years.
Look for more about Dr. Stewart's gift in a future Dal News article.
Read more in Dal News.
- Sultan Darvesh: Revolutionary researcher
- Dal Med Innovator | Annie Hamilton
- Medical faculty appointed to Canadian Academy of Health Sciences
- Alumni Revolutionary Researcher Profile: Sultan Darvesh (MD'88)
- Noble goals, dedicated doctors
- Wait times? There's an app for that
- Dal researchers target cannabinoid receptors with new line of pain relief products
- Sleep apnea key symptom of rare disease