» Go to news main
Continuing a generous legacy
Esteemed physician, politician, Officer of the Order of Canada, Member of the Order of Nova Scotia, Honorary Life Member of the Executive Council of Nova Scotia and Nova Scotia Minister of Health, Dr. Ron Stewart, genrorously supports the Dalhousie Medical Research Foundation (DMRF) with $1.3 million.
The funds will establish the Ronald Stewart Symposium in Emergency Medical Services Research and provide seed funding for a Chair in Emergency Medical Services Research.
“I recall visiting my 90-plus year-old mum in Cape Breton shortly after I came back to Dalhousie,” recalls Dr. Stewart. “She was stuffing an envelope with cash she had saved for ‘The Molly Appeal,’ and I realized I had to pay attention to any movement penetrating that deeply into the community. I thought DMRF’s Molly Appeal annual campaign was one of the most effective fundraising efforts in years.”
Read more on Dal News.
- More than meds
- Educating for health care's collaborative future
- Dal PhD candidate among elite young scientists invited to Lindau Nobel Laureate meeting
- Photo Essay: 2017 Thomas and Alice Morgans Fear Memorial Conference
- First World War Surgeons Recognized Through Rememberance Project
- Continuing a generous legacy
- Canadian Institute for Child Health honours Dal Med School prof
- OPINION: Systemic issues in mental health care provision