» Go to news main
Continuing a generous legacy
Esteemed physician, politician, Officer of the Order of Canada, Member of the Order of Nova Scotia, Honorary Life Member of the Executive Council of Nova Scotia and Nova Scotia Minister of Health, Dr. Ron Stewart, genrorously supports the Dalhousie Medical Research Foundation (DMRF) with $1.3 million.
The funds will establish the Ronald Stewart Symposium in Emergency Medical Services Research and provide seed funding for a Chair in Emergency Medical Services Research.
“I recall visiting my 90-plus year-old mum in Cape Breton shortly after I came back to Dalhousie,” recalls Dr. Stewart. “She was stuffing an envelope with cash she had saved for ‘The Molly Appeal,’ and I realized I had to pay attention to any movement penetrating that deeply into the community. I thought DMRF’s Molly Appeal annual campaign was one of the most effective fundraising efforts in years.”
Read more on Dal News.
- Dal Med Innovator | Dr. Karen Mann
- Dal bioethicist urges academics to stimulate debate on hot‑button topics
- First woman in Canada to become a Dean of Medicine accepts Trailblazer Award
- Grad Profile: On a mission to improve mother and baby health around the world
- Grad Profiles: Stepping forward while looking back
- Impact Players
- Med students give community organizations a helping hand
- Dal epidemiologist shows probiotics prevent C. difficile in hospital