» Go to news main
Photo Essay: 2017 Thomas and Alice Morgans Fear Memorial Conference
The 7th Annual Thomas Fear and Alice Morgans Fear Memorial Conference kicked off the beginning of the Faculty of Medicine's 150th anniversary celebrations on December 2nd, 2017.
The conference was in collaboration with Continuing Professional Development, and the Department of Emergency Medicine. A celebration of 150 years of Medicine at Dalhousie University, the theme of this years' event, Disaster Planning and Management, was chosen to also commemorate 100 years since the Halifax Explosion on December 6, 1917.
Each Fear Memorial Conference focuses on an important theme in medical education. Continuing Professional Development partners with a different co-host department from the medical school every year, resulting in a fresh and collaborative approach. Departments can apply to co-host the conference; a selection committee and the Dean of Medicine choose a new co-host department each year.
Did you miss this years' event? Look further to experience the conference activities and presenter recognition.
Photo credit: Bruce Bottomly
- More than meds
- Educating for health care's collaborative future
- Dal PhD candidate among elite young scientists invited to Lindau Nobel Laureate meeting
- Photo Essay: 2017 Thomas and Alice Morgans Fear Memorial Conference
- First World War Surgeons Recognized Through Rememberance Project
- Continuing a generous legacy
- Canadian Institute for Child Health honours Dal Med School prof
- OPINION: Systemic issues in mental health care provision