Care of the Elderly
Category 1 Enhanced Skills Program
DALHOUSIE FM‑PGY3 IN CARE OF THE ELDERLY TRAINING
Call for Applications!
Applications are now accepted for Dalhousie Family Medicine’s PGY3 in Care of the Elderly (CoE) training position for 2020/2021:
• Number of positions: one (1).
• Training time: Twelve-months (13 blocks) full-time.
• Start date: Between July 1, 2020 and August 31, 2020.
• Residents currently enrolled in an accredited Family Medicine Residency Training Program in Canada, or
• In practice (CCFP certified or eligible to sit the CCFP examination).
|Monday July 1, 2019||Application opens|
|Friday, August 30, 2019||Application deadline|
|October 1-31, 2019||Interview period|
|Friday, December 6, 2019||Notice of offer to candidate|
|Thursday, December 12, 2019||Candidate's deadline to accept|
Clinical Learning Experiences:
Halifax, Nova Scotia, is the home base training site for Dalhousie’s FM-PGY3 in COE program. This program consists of the following clinical learning experiences, including the requirement of a completed resident project:
• Geriatrics: day hospital
• Geriatrics: memory clinic
• Geriatrics: consults
• Geriatrics: ambulatory unit
• Psychiatry: senior’s mental health
• Palliative care
• Longitudinal family medicine clinical half day back
• Community geriatrics