Financing your research
You'll only be accepted into the program if there are funds available to support you. Funds may come in the form of:
- a stipend from your supervisor’s research grants
- competitive scholarships
- tuition relief (for students with a GPA above 3.7)
- predoctoral and postdoctoral scholarships and fellowships, available through local, provincial and national funding agencies. Many scholarships can be applied to through our Harmonized Scholarship Process.
The Faculty of Graduate Studies also provides a range of funding opportunities, including:
- The Izaak Walton Killam Predoctoral Scholarships
- Eliza Ritchie Doctoral Scholarship for Women
- James Robinson Johnston Graduate Scholarship for African Canadians
- Nova Scotia Black and First Nations Graduate Entrance Scholarships
- The Vitamin Scholarship
If you'd like to be considered for one of these scholarships, please contact the graduate coordinator, Brent Johnston, at firstname.lastname@example.org for details on eligibility and deadlines.