David Conrad, MD, PhD, FRCPC
- Division Head, Hematopathology, IWK Health Centre
- Section Head - Molecular Hematopathology, Molecular Diagnostics Laboratory, Nova Scotia Health Authority, Central Zone
- Residency Program Director, Hematological Pathology, Dalhousie University
Dr. David Conrad completed his medical education at Dalhousie University before joining the Department of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine in 2015, where he is the Division Head of Hematopathology at the IWK Health Centre, and the Section Head for Molecular Hematopathology in the Molecular Diagnostic Laboratory for Nova Scotia Health Authority, Central Zone. He is Vice Chair of the Hematological Pathology Examination Committee for the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and enjoys teaching learners of all levels and backgrounds.
Dr. Conrad’s major research interests focus on optimizing the way diagnostic tools are utilized in the hematology laboratory to provide the best, most cost-effective, patient care possible.
- BSc: Dalhousie University, 2002
- PhD: Dalhousie University, 2007
- MD: Dalhousie University, 2011
- FRCPC (Hematological Pathology): Dalhousie University, 2015
For an up-to-date list of Dr. Conrad's publications, please visit his Google Scholar profile.