Making lives better
Whether you’re looking for information about autism spectrum disorder (ASD) or you’re hoping to contribute to research, the Autism Research Centre can help.
Conveniently located at the IWK Health Centre in Halifax, Nova Scotia, we work in partnership with Dalhousie University and with colleagues at other centres to study ways to help people with ASD and their families overcome barriers.
Taking the lead
Our research addresses many facets of ASD, from initial diagnosis to investigating promising treatments. As a research group, we aim to
- improve understanding of ASD
- make it easier for everyone to access information on ASD
- promote and facilitate earlier detection of ASD
- strengthen treatment and supports for children, adolescents and adults with ASD
- train and support students and new researchers in the ASD field