Selected Current Research
What's going on in the department
The Department of Psychiatry continues to develop its range of research activities with much success. The department supports research in several areas of concentration, such as mood disorders, early psychosis, cognitive health and recovery and early detection and intervention in childhood psychiatric disorders.
There are also active research programs related to addictions and personality, sleep, emotions and health, brain imaging and molecular mechanisms underlying neurological and psychiatric disorders.
More information on current research:
- Cognitive Health and Recovery
- Centre for Emotions and Health
- Brain Repair Centre
- Mood Disorders
- Early Psychosis
- CDRIN Maritimes Depression Hub
- Evaluation of a Mental Health Physician Support Program in Nova Scotia: Impact on Patient Outcomes and Stigmatization
- NS Early Psychosis Program
- The Centre for Emotions and Health