News & Events
What's happening in the mental health community
News relevant to the Department of Psychiatry will be posted here in between issues of Headlines.
Trans Health Symposium 2021
WHAT: TransHealth Symposium 2021
Integrated care for gender dysphoric, gender non-binary, & transgender children into adulthood
WHEN: Oct. 21-22, 25-26, 1:00pm - 4:45pm
WHERE: Hosted virtually on Zoom
View the symposium program [PDF - 765 KB]
Registration is now closed.
*Please note: This event will not be recorded.
DALHOUSIE UNIVERSITY DEPARTMENT OF PSYCHIATRY PRESENTS
Please join our panel for an open and informal public discussion of: Depression, Aging, and Somatic Health
WHEN: Wednesday, Nov. 10 2021
- Dr. Brenda Penninx, MD, PhD, Professor of Psychiatric Epidemiology, Vice-Department Chair, Department of Psychiatry of Amsterdam University Medical Centre, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Dr. Ken Rockwood, MD, FRCPC, Professor of Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, Community Health & Epidemiology, Dalhousie University
- Dr. JianLi Wang, PhD, Professor of Community Health and Epidemiology, Dalhousie University
- Dr. Tomas Hajek, MD, PhD, Professor of Psychiatry, Dalhousie University
- Dr. Martin Alda, MD, FRCPC, Professor of Psychiatry, Killam Chair in Mood Disorders, Dalhousie University
Dr. Sandra Meier, PhD, Associate Professor of Psychiatry, Dalhousie University
Join the conversation from the comfort of your own home. Panelists will provide brief summaries of the evidence addressing the questions above. Much of the café time will be devoted to discussion with audience members.
The Faculty of Medicine at Dalhousie University has compiled information on COVID-19 and pandemic protocols. Read more on their website.