Stories» Go to news main
Dr. Thompson Retires
Born in Bathurst, New Brunswick, Dr. Deborah Thompson completed both her medical training and radiology residency at Dalhousie University. Along with her active staff appointment as a pediatric radiologist at the IWK-Grace Health Centre, she was appointed as Lecturer to Dalhousie University in 1981, and then promoted to her current rank of Assistant Professor in 1987. During the past 37 years, Dr. Thompson has taken on many leadership roles, including most recently, those of Section Head of Women’s Imaging and Associate Chief of the Department of Diagnostic Imaging, IWK.
Dr. Thompson’s guidance, support, and sought-after wisdom will be greatly missed, and we wish her many years of good health and a very long and happy retirement!
- Research Director
- RRF studentship application deadline Feb 3rd
- Looking for research pitches
- CSTR 2020 – Focus on Lung Screening
- Department Head Update
- Congrats Dr. Mata‑Mbemba
- Psychotic symptoms are associated with lower cortical folding in youth at risk for mental illness
- Experience with compressed gelfoam plugs in children during liver biopsies and other IR procedures: a retrospective single‑center case series
comments powered by Disqus