Stories» Go to news main
Hall of Fame Discovery Days
The Department of Diagnostic Radiology was invited by The Canadian Medical Hall of Fame to participate in the Discovery Days in Health Sciences, presented by MD Management at Dalhousie University on November 16th, 2018. There were 65 students and teachers from High Schools around the province who took part in the workshops and discussion panels.
The Department of Radiology was represented by Dr. Heather Curtis, Dr. Katie Eddy and Dr. David Salgado who presented an afternoon workshop titled: Radiology – What are they doing in that dark room?! The workshop included a presentation about the specialty of Radiology, who Radiologists are, what they do and what kind of education is required to become a Radiologist.
Students were then given a chance to test their Radiology skills and medical knowledge in a rousing game of Jeopardy where the ‘Red Blood Cells’ and ‘White Blood Cells’ duked it out.
The students described the session as fun and informative and at least one of the 20 students who took part intends to pursue a career in Radiology!
- Research Director
- RRF studentship application deadline Feb 3rd
- Looking for research pitches
- CSTR 2020 – Focus on Lung Screening
- Department Head Update
- Congrats Dr. Mata‑Mbemba
- Psychotic symptoms are associated with lower cortical folding in youth at risk for mental illness
- Experience with compressed gelfoam plugs in children during liver biopsies and other IR procedures: a retrospective single‑center case series
comments powered by Disqus