The International Conference on Residency Education (ICRE) took place in-person in Montreal from October 27-29, 2022. Our Dalhousie Department of Diagnostic Radiology had a great showing with the following Medical Education research projects being selected for oral presentation:
Design of a Longitudinal CBD training experience for PGY1 Diagnostic Radiology Residents.
Presented by Dr. Michael Fry, PGY5 Resident. This research team also includes Drs. M. Peter Brown, Heather Curtis, Daria Manos, Ash Wiley, Ms. Margaret Garnier-Liot, and Ms. Melissa MacLeod.
Optimizing faculty teaching evaluation in Diagnostic Radiology: Toward practical, specific, and effective feedback.
Presented by Dr. Daria Manos. This research team also includes Drs. M. Peter Brown, James Clarke, Ash Wiley, Ms. Margaret Garnier-Liot, and Ms. Melissa MacLeod. This project was selected as one of the top five “What Works? Innovations in residency teaching and assessment” projects at this year’s conference.
In addition, Dr. Jessica Dobson, PGY3 Resident, is part of a national research group whose project:
Learning in the Dark: An evidence-based podcast fostering medical expert and communicator competencies in junior radiology trainees
was also recognized as one of the top five “What Works? Innovations in residency teaching and assessment” projects at this year’s conference. Dr. Dobson’s colleague, Dr. Rebecca Spouge, presented on behalf of their group.
The conference also provided an opportunity for professional and faculty development. In addition to attending the conference itself, members of our Dalhousie and IWK administrative team attended the ICRE-Program Administrators conference ahead of the main conference. And a number of faculty members from the QEII and IWK attended high-yield pre-conference workshops for program directors, competency committee chairs and program leadership on residency education topics like leadership, equity, diversity, and inclusion, wellness, and effective competence committee facilitation.
Kudos to all involved! Next year’s ICRE will be held in Halifax from October 19-21, 2023 and we hope to see you there.
- Just published! No difference in cerebral perfusion between the wild‑type and the 5XFAD mouse model of Alzheimer’s disease
- Just published! Canadian Stroke Best Practice Recommendations: Acute Stroke Management, 7th Edition Practice Guidelines Update, 2022
- Physician Leadership Workshop for Women in Radiology
- Just published! Intra‑individual comparison of 18F‑sodium fluoride PET–CT and 99mTc bone scintigraphy with SPECT in patients with prostate cancer or breast cancer at high risk for skeletal metastases (MITNEC‑A1): a multicentre, phase 3 trial
- Just published! Surgical or Endovascular Treatment of MCA Aneurysms: An Agreement Study
- Just published! Endovascular thrombectomy and intravenous alteplase in patients with acute ischemic stroke due to large vessel occlusion: A clinical practice guideline
- Just published! Preparedness of Residents and Medical Students for the Transition to Competence by Design in Diagnostic Radiology Post‑Graduate Medical Education
comments powered by Disqus