Why Study Here?
Otolaryngology─Head and Neck Surgery at Dalhousie
Our program has a great deal to offer as a location for your residency training:
- excellent experience in all subspecialties of otolaryngology─head and neck surgery
- centralized training locations, with all of our core staff physicians performing both ambulatory and surgical care within two main tertiary hospitals (the QEII and IWK Health Sciences Centres), which are within a short walk of each other
- opportunities for community-based otolaryngology in Dartmouth, a short drive from the tertiary care centre: rotations here allow you to stay in Halifax and participate in all academic activities of the department
- a strong academic half-day program, with good participation by our staff surgeons as educators
- an excellent success rate on RCPSC exams as well as success of our graduates in achieving fellowship in the subspecialty of their choice or community otolaryngology employment after residency
- generous educational allowances, both time and funding, for attending external courses and conferences
- strong research infrastructure to support your interest and participation in research in otolaryngology─head and neck surgery
Learn more about education opportunities in Otolaryngology.