The annual Impact Awards ceremony recognizes student leaders who have made profound contributions to the Dalhousie and Halifax communities and beyond.
“The groups and individuals being recognized are making the most of their time at Dal, seizing opportunities and opening themselves up to new experiences and perspectives,” said President Florizone in remarks at the event. “They are a reminder of what can be accomplished through creativity, passion and engagement.”
This year, five award recipients were our very own.
See below the breakdown of 2017 Impact Award Winners:
- Most Impactful Faculty Society: Dalhousie Medical Student’s Society
- Certificate of Distinction: Moamen Bydoun and Matthew To
- Gold D: Natasha Larivee
- Faculty Leadership Awards: Antonios Diab and Marissa LeBlanc
- Zebrafish lead Dalhousie researchers to important discoveries in prostate cancer and leukemia
- Staying connected: Peer support workers provide mental health advice and support
- Taking the experience all in ‑ and giving back too
- Front line: A Dalhousie med student's trial by fire
- How the genomics health revolution is failing ethnic minorities
- Dalhousie home to three new Canada Research Chairs
- A third dimension of innovation
- Announcement: Dr. Ronald Stewart makes $1.3 million pledge to Dalhousie Medical Research Foundation