The annual Impact Awards ceremony recognizes student leaders who have made profound contributions to the Dalhousie and Halifax communities and beyond.
“The groups and individuals being recognized are making the most of their time at Dal, seizing opportunities and opening themselves up to new experiences and perspectives,” said President Florizone in remarks at the event. “They are a reminder of what can be accomplished through creativity, passion and engagement.”
This year, five award recipients were our very own.
See below the breakdown of 2017 Impact Award Winners:
- Most Impactful Faculty Society: Dalhousie Medical Student’s Society
- Certificate of Distinction: Moamen Bydoun and Matthew To
- Gold D: Natasha Larivee
- Faculty Leadership Awards: Antonios Diab and Marissa LeBlanc
- Grads profile: Ready to lead and make a difference
- Community partnerships benefit Med students, local organizations
- Making Breathing Easier for Heart Patients
- Time and Compassion: The Key to Outstanding Patient Experience
- Canada Research Chairs Announced
- Dalhousie Medical School launching new opioid‑prescribing education programs for learners and physicians
- Dalhousie Medicine profs win Governor General's Innovation Award for unique distance service delivery system
- Dalhousie expands health sciences summer camps for African Nova Scotian youth