The annual Impact Awards ceremony recognizes student leaders who have made profound contributions to the Dalhousie and Halifax communities and beyond.
“The groups and individuals being recognized are making the most of their time at Dal, seizing opportunities and opening themselves up to new experiences and perspectives,” said President Florizone in remarks at the event. “They are a reminder of what can be accomplished through creativity, passion and engagement.”
This year, five award recipients were our very own.
See below the breakdown of 2017 Impact Award Winners:
- Most Impactful Faculty Society: Dalhousie Medical Student’s Society
- Certificate of Distinction: Moamen Bydoun and Matthew To
- Gold D: Natasha Larivee
- Faculty Leadership Awards: Antonios Diab and Marissa LeBlanc
- Sultan Darvesh: Revolutionary researcher
- Dal Med Innovator | Annie Hamilton
- Medical faculty appointed to Canadian Academy of Health Sciences
- Alumni Revolutionary Researcher Profile: Sultan Darvesh (MD'88)
- Noble goals, dedicated doctors
- Wait times? There's an app for that
- Dal researchers target cannabinoid receptors with new line of pain relief products
- Sleep apnea key symptom of rare disease