The annual Impact Awards ceremony recognizes student leaders who have made profound contributions to the Dalhousie and Halifax communities and beyond.
“The groups and individuals being recognized are making the most of their time at Dal, seizing opportunities and opening themselves up to new experiences and perspectives,” said President Florizone in remarks at the event. “They are a reminder of what can be accomplished through creativity, passion and engagement.”
This year, five award recipients were our very own.
See below the breakdown of 2017 Impact Award Winners:
- Most Impactful Faculty Society: Dalhousie Medical Student’s Society
- Certificate of Distinction: Moamen Bydoun and Matthew To
- Gold D: Natasha Larivee
- Faculty Leadership Awards: Antonios Diab and Marissa LeBlanc
- Introducing Dal's honorary degree recipients for Spring Convocation 2017
- Dal Changemakers Take on the World's Challenge Challenge Competition
- Leadership & IMPACT 2017
- The toolbank of R&D: Science Atlantic database puts investigative tools in researchers' hands
- Repairing stroke ‑ related spatial neglect: Dalhousie researchers study how prism goggles rewire the brain
- Increasing capacity for innovation and discovery: Dal researchers receive CFI funding
- New gowns in town: Designing better patient clothing for everyone