The annual Impact Awards ceremony recognizes student leaders who have made profound contributions to the Dalhousie and Halifax communities and beyond.
“The groups and individuals being recognized are making the most of their time at Dal, seizing opportunities and opening themselves up to new experiences and perspectives,” said President Florizone in remarks at the event. “They are a reminder of what can be accomplished through creativity, passion and engagement.”
This year, five award recipients were our very own.
See below the breakdown of 2017 Impact Award Winners:
- Most Impactful Faculty Society: Dalhousie Medical Student’s Society
- Certificate of Distinction: Moamen Bydoun and Matthew To
- Gold D: Natasha Larivee
- Faculty Leadership Awards: Antonios Diab and Marissa LeBlanc
- A New Director at the Helm of DMNB's Skilled Clinician Course
- Soaring to New Heights
- Your First Year at Dal Med
- Improving access to mental health support for Dalhousie and King's students
- For the love of research: Dal med student leading author on paper published in renowned society journal
- How doctors are dealing with Nova Scotias opioid addiction
- OPINION: Local mental health guide a promising tool for teachers
- State of the art tools and equipment to support discovery and innovation