The annual Impact Awards ceremony recognizes student leaders who have made profound contributions to the Dalhousie and Halifax communities and beyond.
“The groups and individuals being recognized are making the most of their time at Dal, seizing opportunities and opening themselves up to new experiences and perspectives,” said President Florizone in remarks at the event. “They are a reminder of what can be accomplished through creativity, passion and engagement.”
This year, five award recipients were our very own.
See below the breakdown of 2017 Impact Award Winners:
- Most Impactful Faculty Society: Dalhousie Medical Student’s Society
- Certificate of Distinction: Moamen Bydoun and Matthew To
- Gold D: Natasha Larivee
- Faculty Leadership Awards: Antonios Diab and Marissa LeBlanc
- CADTH Recognizes Rising Star Dr Michelle Mujoomdar
- Dal internist co‑authors paper for The Lancet on Canada’s health leadership obligations
- Molly Appeal to support advanced brain research with new tissue processing machine
- Entering the Den for a research prize
- Dal Med Innovator | Dr. Lea Steeves
- U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH) awards Dal‑led project $3.2 million to develop new immunotherapy drugs for advanced melanoma
- New Canada 150 Research Chair in Vaccinology and Global Health to Call Dalhousie Home
- Dalhousie Original | Dr. Ford Doolittle