The annual Impact Awards ceremony recognizes student leaders who have made profound contributions to the Dalhousie and Halifax communities and beyond.
“The groups and individuals being recognized are making the most of their time at Dal, seizing opportunities and opening themselves up to new experiences and perspectives,” said President Florizone in remarks at the event. “They are a reminder of what can be accomplished through creativity, passion and engagement.”
This year, five award recipients were our very own.
See below the breakdown of 2017 Impact Award Winners:
- Most Impactful Faculty Society: Dalhousie Medical Student’s Society
- Certificate of Distinction: Moamen Bydoun and Matthew To
- Gold D: Natasha Larivee
- Faculty Leadership Awards: Antonios Diab and Marissa LeBlanc
- Honouring the Unspoken Teachers
- Working together for "Wheezy Will"
- Bringing Dal‑developed cancer treatment technology to the world
- Helping Advance Alzheimer's Disease Research Toward Clinical Trials
- BRIC NS Lays Foundation for a Future of Better Care
- Bringing it all back home: Medical Sciences student aims to make a difference in her community
- Above and Beyond for Students: Meet the 2017 Rosemary Gill Award Winners
- Canadian Immunization Research Network Receives $10 Million from Government of Canada