As the representative for Indigenous students on the Dalhousie Student Union council, Aaron Prosper goes above and beyond to ensure the Indigenous student community has a voice on campus.
“In my community, you are taught that you are Mi'kmaq first,” says Aaron, a member of the Eskasoni First Nation and a third-year Medical Sciences student. “When you leave the community, you have a responsibility to your people to ensure that they are represented and have a voice.”
At this year’s Student IMPACT Awards, Aaron was recognized as Dalhousie’s Student Councillor of the Year. The award celebrates a student who has demonstrated a commitment to collaborative problem solving, active representation of their constituency and initiative in the pursuit of innovation.
Read more on Dal News.
- Sultan Darvesh: Revolutionary researcher
- Dal Med Innovator | Annie Hamilton
- Medical faculty appointed to Canadian Academy of Health Sciences
- Alumni Revolutionary Researcher Profile: Sultan Darvesh (MD'88)
- Noble goals, dedicated doctors
- Wait times? There's an app for that
- Dal researchers target cannabinoid receptors with new line of pain relief products
- Sleep apnea key symptom of rare disease