» Go to news main
"The Wave" reveals strengths and priorities for medical research
Dalhousie Medical School has announced its leading research teams and strategic research priorities, following a months-long application and review process known as “The Wave.”
“We put out a call for two levels, or waves, of applications from our research community,” explains Dr. David Anderson, Dean of Medicine. “For Wave 1, we asked teams that see themselves as internationally competitive to come forward with proposals. For Wave 2, we were looking for proposals from teams with the potential to be internationally competitive within three to five years.”
The goal of the process was to reveal the medical school’s strongest research teams, uncover their aspirations, and identify what they need to take their work to the next level of productivity and impact.
Read more on Dal News.
- Sultan Darvesh: Revolutionary researcher
- Dal Med Innovator | Annie Hamilton
- Medical faculty appointed to Canadian Academy of Health Sciences
- Alumni Revolutionary Researcher Profile: Sultan Darvesh (MD'88)
- Noble goals, dedicated doctors
- Wait times? There's an app for that
- Dal researchers target cannabinoid receptors with new line of pain relief products
- Sleep apnea key symptom of rare disease