» Go to news main
Medical School Talks Careers in Healthcare at IWK Career Fair
On November 1st, Dalhousie's Medical School participated in the IWK Career Fair.
Health Care Career Day is intended to provide junior high school students with information about careers in the health care sector. Displays and demonstrations featured various IWK departments and services, refreshments and prizes, and the types of educational programs required to pursue a career in health care.
Med school staff included Med Admissions, CCCLR, Indigenous and Diversity Programs, Promoting Leadership in Health for African Nova Scotians (PLANS), and Sarah MacDonald a current Med 4 student with us to help answer questions about applying to med school.
Junior High, High School and some University students followed
- Dal Med Innovator | Dr. Karen Mann
- Dal bioethicist urges academics to stimulate debate on hot‑button topics
- First woman in Canada to become a Dean of Medicine accepts Trailblazer Award
- Grad Profile: On a mission to improve mother and baby health around the world
- Grad Profiles: Stepping forward while looking back
- Impact Players
- Med students give community organizations a helping hand
- Dal epidemiologist shows probiotics prevent C. difficile in hospital