» Go to news main
Medical School Talks Careers in Healthcare at IWK Career Fair
On November 1st, Dalhousie's Medical School participated in the IWK Career Fair.
Health Care Career Day is intended to provide junior high school students with information about careers in the health care sector. Displays and demonstrations featured various IWK departments and services, refreshments and prizes, and the types of educational programs required to pursue a career in health care.
Med school staff included Med Admissions, CCCLR, Indigenous and Diversity Programs, Promoting Leadership in Health for African Nova Scotians (PLANS), and Sarah MacDonald a current Med 4 student with us to help answer questions about applying to med school.
Junior High, High School and some University students followed
- 2019 Spring Molly Appeal supports biobank for heart research in the Maritimes
- Doctor for a Day
- How the new Marathon of Hope Cancer Centres Network will bring hope to cancer patients across Atlantic Canada
- Government of Canada supports healthy future for Canadian seniors
- Getting to the heart of the research experience
- Mobile monitoring could transform heart treatments
- Dal Faculty of Health, Medicine Team Publishes CMAJ Study Linking Income Inequalities, Mental Health Issues in Indigenous groups
- Fighting cognitive decline