» Go to news main
Medical School Talks Careers in Healthcare at IWK Career Fair
On November 1st, Dalhousie's Medical School participated in the IWK Career Fair.
Health Care Career Day is intended to provide junior high school students with information about careers in the health care sector. Displays and demonstrations featured various IWK departments and services, refreshments and prizes, and the types of educational programs required to pursue a career in health care.
Med school staff included Med Admissions, CCCLR, Indigenous and Diversity Programs, Promoting Leadership in Health for African Nova Scotians (PLANS), and Sarah MacDonald a current Med 4 student with us to help answer questions about applying to med school.
Junior High, High School and some University students followed
- Sultan Darvesh: Revolutionary researcher
- Dal Med Innovator | Annie Hamilton
- Medical faculty appointed to Canadian Academy of Health Sciences
- Alumni Revolutionary Researcher Profile: Sultan Darvesh (MD'88)
- Noble goals, dedicated doctors
- Wait times? There's an app for that
- Dal researchers target cannabinoid receptors with new line of pain relief products
- Sleep apnea key symptom of rare disease