» Go to news main
Medical School Talks Careers in Healthcare at IWK Career Fair
On November 1st, Dalhousie's Medical School participated in the IWK Career Fair.
Health Care Career Day is intended to provide junior high school students with information about careers in the health care sector. Displays and demonstrations featured various IWK departments and services, refreshments and prizes, and the types of educational programs required to pursue a career in health care.
Med school staff included Med Admissions, CCCLR, Indigenous and Diversity Programs, Promoting Leadership in Health for African Nova Scotians (PLANS), and Sarah MacDonald a current Med 4 student with us to help answer questions about applying to med school.
Junior High, High School and some University students followed
- Staying connected: Peer support workers provide mental health advice and support
- Taking the experience all in ‑ and giving back too
- Front line: A Dalhousie med student's trial by fire
- How the genomics health revolution is failing ethnic minorities
- Dalhousie home to three new Canada Research Chairs
- A third dimension of innovation
- Announcement: Dr. Ronald Stewart makes $1.3 million pledge to Dalhousie Medical Research Foundation
- Dalhousie Medical School receives accreditation for eight‑year term