» Go to news main
Medical School Talks Careers in Healthcare at IWK Career Fair
On November 1st, Dalhousie's Medical School participated in the IWK Career Fair.
Health Care Career Day is intended to provide junior high school students with information about careers in the health care sector. Displays and demonstrations featured various IWK departments and services, refreshments and prizes, and the types of educational programs required to pursue a career in health care.
Med school staff included Med Admissions, CCCLR, Indigenous and Diversity Programs, Promoting Leadership in Health for African Nova Scotians (PLANS), and Sarah MacDonald a current Med 4 student with us to help answer questions about applying to med school.
Junior High, High School and some University students followed
- Dr. Margaret Casey: a crusader for community‑based health care
- Dal Med student receives Canadian Medical Hall of Fame Award
- The gift of time: retirement allows Dal doc to pursue her passions
- Student‑run program showcases careers in different medical specialties
- Dr. Joni Guptill, Running in where everyone else is running out
- Elective in Canada's North: Rural family medicine in Iqaluit
- Dal working to support Saudi students in wake of potential withdrawal
- Big commitment: med students prep for Big Swim charity fundraiser