» Go to news main
Taking the experience all in ‑ and giving back too
Before he entered Dalhousie Medical School, Jordan had been following the work of Paul Farmer, a medical anthropologist and infectious disease physician who co-founded the international health organization, Partners in Health.
Dr. Farmer’s views about the social accountability of physicians had an impact on Jordan that became further ingrained by working with Dr. Lisa Barrett from the Dal’s Division of Infectious Diseases for his Research in Medicine (RIM) project.
"Dalhousie's a school that really values clinical skills and talking to people. It's about sitting with people and finding out what they're about, what their values are and how illness impacts their function in the context of their life. So, I thought, ‘why do I need to look any further?’"
Read more on Dal News
- Sultan Darvesh: Revolutionary researcher
- Dal Med Innovator | Annie Hamilton
- Medical faculty appointed to Canadian Academy of Health Sciences
- Alumni Revolutionary Researcher Profile: Sultan Darvesh (MD'88)
- Noble goals, dedicated doctors
- Wait times? There's an app for that
- Dal researchers target cannabinoid receptors with new line of pain relief products
- Sleep apnea key symptom of rare disease