» Go to news main
Canadian Institute for Child Health honours Dal Med School prof
Dr. Noni MacDonald is a passionate advocate for child immunization and for finding community solutions to maternal and child health care problems.
The professor of pediatrics in infectious diseases at Dalhousie Medical School and the IWK Health Centre is the winner of the Canadian Institute of Child Health's 2017 National Child Day Award.
“We are delighted to recognize Dr. MacDonald for her impact on improving the health of children and youth in Canada and abroad,” says the institute's chairperson, Dr. Lynn McIntyre. “Over her career she has been a teacher, a leader and a mentor, while maintaining an active role as a clinician and researcher.”
Read more on Dal News.
- Dal Med Innovator | Dr. Karen Mann
- Dal bioethicist urges academics to stimulate debate on hot‑button topics
- First woman in Canada to become a Dean of Medicine accepts Trailblazer Award
- Grad Profile: On a mission to improve mother and baby health around the world
- Grad Profiles: Stepping forward while looking back
- Impact Players
- Med students give community organizations a helping hand
- Dal epidemiologist shows probiotics prevent C. difficile in hospital