» Go to news main
Canadian Institute for Child Health honours Dal Med School prof
Dr. Noni MacDonald is a passionate advocate for child immunization and for finding community solutions to maternal and child health care problems.
The professor of pediatrics in infectious diseases at Dalhousie Medical School and the IWK Health Centre is the winner of the Canadian Institute of Child Health's 2017 National Child Day Award.
“We are delighted to recognize Dr. MacDonald for her impact on improving the health of children and youth in Canada and abroad,” says the institute's chairperson, Dr. Lynn McIntyre. “Over her career she has been a teacher, a leader and a mentor, while maintaining an active role as a clinician and researcher.”
Read more on Dal News.
- Dr. Margaret Casey: a crusader for community‑based health care
- Dal Med student receives Canadian Medical Hall of Fame Award
- The gift of time: retirement allows Dal doc to pursue her passions
- Student‑run program showcases careers in different medical specialties
- Dr. Joni Guptill, Running in where everyone else is running out
- Elective in Canada's North: Rural family medicine in Iqaluit
- Dal working to support Saudi students in wake of potential withdrawal
- Big commitment: med students prep for Big Swim charity fundraiser