» Go to news main
Canadian Institute for Child Health honours Dal Med School prof
Dr. Noni MacDonald is a passionate advocate for child immunization and for finding community solutions to maternal and child health care problems.
The professor of pediatrics in infectious diseases at Dalhousie Medical School and the IWK Health Centre is the winner of the Canadian Institute of Child Health's 2017 National Child Day Award.
“We are delighted to recognize Dr. MacDonald for her impact on improving the health of children and youth in Canada and abroad,” says the institute's chairperson, Dr. Lynn McIntyre. “Over her career she has been a teacher, a leader and a mentor, while maintaining an active role as a clinician and researcher.”
Read more on Dal News.
- Diana’s golden ticket: Dal’s newest Rhodes Scholar is Oxford‑bound on a life‑changing opportunity
- Dalhousie Medical School offers innovative leadership elective to residents
- Dalhousie discovery unravels a mystery of viruses under the sea
- Research in Medicine (RIM) program celebrates 10‑years
- Saunders Matthey Cancer Prevention Foundation: A critical resource to advance cancer research
- Inspiring future health leaders and innovators
- Dal researchers design powerful tech to help fight deadly cancer
- Local student competes at national Brain Bee competition