» Go to news main
Canadian Institute for Child Health honours Dal Med School prof
Dr. Noni MacDonald is a passionate advocate for child immunization and for finding community solutions to maternal and child health care problems.
The professor of pediatrics in infectious diseases at Dalhousie Medical School and the IWK Health Centre is the winner of the Canadian Institute of Child Health's 2017 National Child Day Award.
“We are delighted to recognize Dr. MacDonald for her impact on improving the health of children and youth in Canada and abroad,” says the institute's chairperson, Dr. Lynn McIntyre. “Over her career she has been a teacher, a leader and a mentor, while maintaining an active role as a clinician and researcher.”
Read more on Dal News.
- Sultan Darvesh: Revolutionary researcher
- Dal Med Innovator | Annie Hamilton
- Medical faculty appointed to Canadian Academy of Health Sciences
- Alumni Revolutionary Researcher Profile: Sultan Darvesh (MD'88)
- Noble goals, dedicated doctors
- Wait times? There's an app for that
- Dal researchers target cannabinoid receptors with new line of pain relief products
- Sleep apnea key symptom of rare disease