Dalhousie Medicine New Brunswick (DMNB) offers you opportunities to get involved in the communities around New Brunswick and in Halifax. How? The technology used by our students is state-of-the-art and enables you to engage with your peers in Halifax and our other distributed sites on a daily basis.
Some of these extra-curricular activities include:
- Journal club – students organize and facilitate a monthly journal article review.
- DalPALS – more information to come
- Global health – students organize a number of activities that focus on the discussion of global health issues.
- Making Waves – an organized volunteer program run through New Brunswick schools to teach swimming to students (1 hour time commitment per week).
- Varsity sports – students at DMNB can be involved in varsity sports either at Dalhousie University or at the University of New Brunswick Saint John.
- Heartbeat! and Ceol – Med students and health professionals from the community participate in the choir and Ceilidh band throughout the year; they perform for their peers and the public in both Saint John and Halifax.
- Weekly meditation group – a weekly meditation session with Dr. Bill Cook that takes place at locations throughout New Brunswick on Tuesdays at 12 p.m. More information to follow.
- Conditioning and Active Lifestyles in Medicine (CALM) – open to anyone looking to make fitness part of their daily routine.