Dalhousie Medicine New Brunswick (DMNB) offers you the chance to get involved in the communities around New Brunswick and in Halifax. How? The state-of-the-art technology used by our students enables you to engage with your peers in Halifax and our other distributed sites on a daily basis.
Some of these extra-curricular activities include:
- Journal Club | Students organize and facilitate a monthly journal article review.
- DalPALS | More information to come
- Global Health | Students organize activities that focus on the discussion of global health issues.
- Making Waves | An organized volunteer program run through New Brunswick schools to teach swimming to students (1 hour time commitment per week).
- Varsity Sports | DMNB students can be involved in varsity sports either at Dalhousie University or at the University of New Brunswick Saint John.
- Heartbeat! and Ceol | Med students and health professionals from the community participate in the choir and Ceilidh band throughout the year and they perform for their peers and the public in both Saint John and Halifax.
- Weekly Meditation Group | A weekly meditation session with Dr. Bill Cook that takes place at locations throughout New Brunswick on Tuesdays at 12 p.m. More information to follow.
- Conditioning and Active Lifestyles in Medicine (CALM) | Open to anyone looking to make fitness part of their daily routine.