Tips for Academic Success
Go easy on yourself
Medical school is challenging. It has a demanding curriculum that requires you to be at your best—emotionally, physically and intellectually. But, with a few simple tips, you can release a lot of the pressure.
- Set realistic personal expectations. After all, lifelong learning is what medicine is all about.
- Make time to exercise and eat right. Taking care of your health will keep your mind attentive and your body feeling great.
- Join a study group. They’re a great way to support and supplement your independent learning and they help keep you on track.
- Remember, your official transcript will only show if you passed or failed.
- Numerical grades you receive are feedback for you only between you and your professor.
- Avoid surprises by reviewing the Promotion and Assessment Regulations [PDF - 174 kB] each year.