Taking research to heart
The work of our cardiovascular physiology research team is focused on the study of fundamental aspects of heart function as well as the mechanistic basis for cardiovascular disease for the purpose of developing novel clinical therapies.
Our team uses a wide range of experimental approaches using animal models, human patients and tissues and computational modeling. Current interests include:
- cardiac electrophysiology and arrhythmias
- cardiac mechano-electric interactions
- myocardial ischemia and arrhythmias
- computational modeling of cardiac electrophysiology
- cardiovascular complications of heart failure