- Cardiovascular Physiology
- Stem Cells
- Sex differences in stem cells and cardiac physiology
- Right heart failure
- Cardiac vasculature
- Study of sex as a biological variable in health and diseases
Current training opportunities
My laboratory is looking for summer students and graduate students starting from May 2020. Interested students are encouraged to submit their CV and brief statement of research experience.
- PDF- Ottawa Hospital Research Institute/ University of Ottawa
- PhD- University of Alberta
- BPharm- Hemchandracharya North Gujarat University
- Zelt JGE, Chaudhary KR, Cadete VJ, Mielniczuk LM, Stewart DJ. Medical Therapy for Heart Failure Associated With Pulmonary Hypertension. Circ Res. 2019 May 24;124(11):1551-1567.
- Ormiston ML, Godoy RS, Chaudhary KR, Stewart DJ. The janus faces of bone morphogenetic protein 9 in pulmonary arterial hypertension. Circ Res. 2019 Mar 15;124(6):822-824.
- Suen CM, Chaudhary KR, Deng Y, Jiang B, Stewart DJ. Fischer rats exhibit maladaptive structural and molecular right ventricular remodelling in severe pulmonary arterial hypertension: a genetically prone model for right heart failure. Cardiovasc Res. 2019 Mar 15;115(4):788-799.
- Chaudhary KR, Deng Y, Seun CM, Taha M, Mei SH, Petersen TH, Stewart DJ. Efficacy of treprostinil in the SU5416-hypoxia model of severe pulmonary arterial hypertension: hemodynamic benefits are not associated with improvements in arterial remodeling. Br J Pharmacol. 2018 Oct;175(20):3976-3989.
- Chaudhary KR, Stewart DJ. Taking the Right Ventricle to 'Task' in Pulmonary Hypertension: Role of TASK1/KCNK3 in RV Dysfunction. Cardiovascular research. 2018. May 114 (6), 776-778
- Chaudhary KR, Stewart DJ. Go with the [back] flow: what can retrograde perfusion teach us about arterial remodeling in pulmonary arterial hypertension? Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2018 May 1;314(5):L797-L798
- Chaudhary KR, Taha M, Cadete VJJ, Godoy RS, Stewart DJ. Proliferative Versus Degenerative Paradigms in Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension. Circ Res. 2017;120:1237-1239.
- Jiang B, Deng Y, Suen C, Taha M, Chaudhary KR, Courtman DW, Stewart DJ. Marked Strain-specific Differences in the SU5416 Rat Model of Severe Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2016 Apr;54(4):461-8.
- Chaudhary KR, Zordoky B, Edin ML, El-Kadi OA, Zeldin DC, Seubert JM. Differential effects of soluble epoxide hydrolase inhibition and CYP2J2 overexpression on postischemic cardiac function in aged mice. Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat. 2013 Jul-Aug;104-105:8-17.
- Chaudhary KR, Cho WJ, Daniel EE, Seubert JM. Effect of ischemia reperfusion injury and epoxyeicosatrienoic acids on expression and localization of caveolins in mouse myocardium. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2013 Mar;61(3):258-63.
- Batchu SN, Chaudhary KR, El-Sikhry H, Light PE, Oudit G, Seubert JM. The Role of PI3Kα and Sarcolemmal KATP channel in Epoxyeicosatrienoic Acid Mediated Cardioprotection Mechanism. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2012 Jul;53(1):43-52.