- Respiratory physiology
- Molecular and genetic physiology
- Genetic disease
- Cystic fibrosis
- Vasoactive intestinal peptide
- Ion channel
- Protein interactions
- BSc (University of Aix-Marseille II, Marseille, France)
- MSc (University of Provence, Marseille, France)
- PhD (University of Provence, Marseille, France)
My research interests include the genetic disease cystic fibrosis, the role of the neuropeptide VIP in respiratory health and diseases, ion channels and drug screening and epidemiology. Our collaborative and interdisciplinary team contributes to the molecular and cellular understanding of the respiratory system and tests promising strategies to treat respiratory diseases.
- Alcolado N, Conrad D, Li M, ALshafie W, Chappe F, Pelis R, Anini Y, Xu Z, Hamidi S, Said SI & Chappe V. (2014). Cystic Fibrosis Transmembrane Conductance Regulator dysfunction in VIP knockout mice. Am J Physiol-Cell physiol. 307(2): C195-207.
- Alshafie W, Chappe F, Li M, Anini Y and Chappe V.(2014). VIP regulates CFTR membrane expression and function in Calu-3 cells by increasing its interaction with NHERF1 and P-ERM in a VPAC1 and PKCepsilon-dependent manner. Am J Physiol - Cell Physiol. 307: C107-119.
- Said SI, Chappe V, Hamidi SA. (2012). Vasoactive Intestinal Peptide. In Handbook of Biologically Active Peptides, 2nd Edition, Abba J. Kastin. ISBN: 978-0-12-385095-9. (Chapter 209).
- Rafferty S , Alcolado N , Norez C , Chappe F , Pelzer S , Becq F , Chappe V. (2009). Rescue of functional F508del cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator by vasoactive intestinal peptide in the human nasal epithelial cell line JME/CF15. The Journal of pharmacology and experimental therapeutics. 331(1).
- Chappe V, Irvine T, Liao J, Evagelidis A & Hanrahan J. (2005). Phosphorylation of CFTR by PKA promotes binding of the regulatory domain. EMBO J. 24(15):2730-2740.
Selected awards and honours
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research New Investigator Award: 2006-2011
- Canadian Foundation for Innovation, Leaders Opportunity Fund: 2007
- DMRF New Investigator Award: 2005
- Post-doctoral Fellowship, Canadian Cystic Fibrosis Foundation & Medical Research Council of Canada: 2001-2004
- American Physiology Society, 2014 - present
- Canadian Society of Biochemistry, Molecular and cellular Biology, 2009 - present
- Réseau Santé Nouvelle-Ecosse, 2007 - present
- Expert Adviser for PhaseBio Pharmaceuticals Inc., 2014 - present
- Associate Professor, Department of Physiology & Biophysics, Dalhousie University, Faculty of Medicine, Halifax, NS, Canada, 2010 - present
- Assistant Professor, Department of Physiology & Biophysics, Dalhousie University, Faculty of Medicine, Halifax, NS, Canada, 2005 - 2010
- Post-doctoral fellow, Department of Physiology, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada, Supervisor: Dr. John W. Hanrahan, 1999 - 2004