Associate Professor, Undergraduate Curriculum Advisor
- Cellular neurophysiology
- Synaptic transmission
- Synaptic plasticity
- Neurotransmitter release
- Cellular imaging
- Diploma (ETH Zurich, Switzerland)
- PhD (University of Zurich, Switzerland)
- PDF (Yale University, United States)
Dr. Krueger’s research interests include synaptic transmission and plasticity. His research program focuses on the identification of structural and molecular processes leading to long-term changes of neurotransmitter release from CNS neurons. Dr. Krueger is also investigating mechanisms controlling the development of glutamatergic and GABAergic synapses.
- Matz J, Gilyan A, Kolar A, McCarvill T, Krueger SR Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:8836.
- Krueger SR and Fitzsimonds, RM. Physiology 21:346-35
- Krueger SR, Kolar A, Fitzsimonds RM. Neuron 40:945.
Selected awards and honours
- Canada Research Chair (Tier II) 2005-2014
- PHYL 4000 / NESC 4185 Synaptic function and plasticity
- Contributions to PHYL 1400, PHYL 2031, NESC 2570, NESC 6100