- Reproductive Neuroendocrinology
- Pubertal development
- Brain impact of menopause
- Aging and the role of sex steroids on dementia
- Epigenetic regulation of gene expression
- Developmental epigenetics
- Impact of metabolism on brain development
- Developmental Origins of Health and Disease
- BSc (University of Buenos Aires, Argentina)
- MSc (University of Buenos Aires, Argentina)
- PhD (University of Buenos Aires, Argentina)
- PDF (Oregon Health and Science University)
The goal of Dr. Lomniczi’s research is to unveil how the epigenetic landscape of neurons and glial cells change in response to external conditions such as diet manipulation, stress or exposure to endocrine disruptors during development and aging.
- Argente J, et al. Molecular basis of normal and pathological puberty: from basic mechanisms to clinical implications. Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2023 Mar;11(3):203-216.
- Lomniczi A. A mediator of metabolic signals influences puberty and growth. Nature. 2021 Nov;599(7885):377-379.
- López-Rodríguez D, et al. Multi- and Transgenerational Outcomes of an Exposure to a Mixture of Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals (EDCs) on Puberty and Maternal Behavior in the Female Rat. Environ Health Perspect. 2021 Aug;129(8):87003.
- Lopez-Rodriguez D, et al. Cellular and molecular features of EDC exposure: consequences for the GnRH network. Nat Rev Endocrinol. 2021 Feb;17(2):83-96.
- Vazquez MJ, et al. SIRT1 mediates obesity- and nutrient-dependent perturbation of pubertal timing by epigenetically controlling Kiss1 expression. Nat Commun. 2018 Oct 10;9(1):4194.
- Toro CA, et al. Trithorax dependent changes in chromatin landscape at enhancer and promoter regions drive female puberty. Nat Commun. 2018 Jan 4;9(1):57.
- Lomniczi A, et al. Epigenetic regulation of puberty via Zinc finger protein-mediated transcriptional repression. Nat Commun. 2015 Dec 16;6:10195.
- Lomniczi A, et al. Epigenetic control of female puberty. Nat Neurosci. 2013 Mar;16(3):281-9.
- Endocrine Society
- Pan American Neuroendocrine Society
Current training opportunities
My laboratory is accepting graduate and honours students for Fall 2023-Winter 2024, as well as Summer 2024. Interested students are encouraged to submit their CV and brief statement of research experience.