Stories» Go to news main
Magnetic Resonance Imaging Based Radiomic Models of Prostate Cancer: A Narrative Review
Publication by Dr. Sharon Clarke.
The management of prostate cancer (PCa) is dependent on biomarkers of biological aggression. This includes an invasive biopsy to facilitate a histopathological assessment of the tumor's grade.
This review explores the technical processes of applying magnetic resonance imaging based radiomic models to the evaluation of PCa. By exploring how a deep radiomics approach further optimizes the prediction of a PCa's grade group, it will be clear how this integration of artificial intelligence mitigates existing major technological challenges faced by a traditional radiomic model: image acquisition, small data sets, image processing, labeling/segmentation, informative features, predicting molecular features and incorporating predictive models.
Other potential impacts of artificial intelligence on the personalized treatment of PCa will also be discussed. The role of deep radiomics analysis-a deep texture analysis, which extracts features from convolutional neural networks layers, will be highlighted. Existing clinical work and upcoming clinical trials will be reviewed, directing investigators to pertinent future directions in the field.
For future progress to result in clinical translation, the field will likely require multi-institutional collaboration in producing prospectively populated and expertly labeled imaging libraries.
- Post‑administration dosimetry in yttrium‑90 radioembolization through micro‑CT imaging of radiopaque microspheres in a porcine renal model
- Canadian Society of Thoracic Radiology/Canadian Association of Radiologists Best Practice Guidance for Investigation of Acute Pulmonary Embolism, Part 1: Acquisition and Safety Considerations
- Optimal Transport Scenario for Access to Endovascular Therapy With Consideration of Patient Outcomes and Cost
- Dalhousie Radiology outperforms again at the Canadian Association of Radiologists Annual Meeting
- Angiographic results of surgical or endovascular treatment of intracranial aneurysms: a systematic review and inter‑observer reliability study
- The Many Care Models to Treat Thoracic Aortic Disease in Canada – A Nationwide Survey of Cardiac Surgeons, Cardiologists, Interventional Radiologists and Vascular Surgeons
- Reliability of the Diagnosis of Cerebral Vasospasm Using Catheter Cerebral Angiography: A Systematic Review and Inter‑ and Intraobserver Study
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging Based Radiomic Models of Prostate Cancer: A Narrative Review
comments powered by Disqus