There’s plenty of exciting research happening at Dalhousie University. And much of that research is happening right here in our department.
- Our Division of General Surgery is looking at organ donor longevity, cancer outcomes (CORE), and specific surgical outcomes.
- Our Division of Cardiac Surgery has strong partnerships with basic scientists who are looking at improving cardiac care outcomes by engaging all members of patients' families with service-changing, informed consent guidelines.
- Our Division of Neurosurgery is making important advances in areas like translational neuroscience clinical studies.
- Our Division of Plastic Surgery is focusing on microsurgery, hand and reconstructive surgery, skin grafts and anatomical studies to secure the best surgical outcomes.
- Our Division of Orthopaedic Surgery is researching topics like access to care, trauma and sports medicine.
- Our Division of Otolaryngology is focused on improving hearing reconstruction methods and developing new prostheses.
Want to know more about our research? Check out our news and events.