Learn more about medical education research
Trailblazers in Medical Education (TIME) Visiting Scholars Program
We invite the best thinkers in the medical education community to visit us so we can learn together!
TIME scholars include:
- Dr. Glenn Regehr (brief bio)
- Dr. Chris Watling (brief bio)
- Dr. Subha Ramani (brief bio)
- Dr. Claudia Krebs (brief bio)
Upcoming visits from:
- Ms. Alexa Miller (brief bio)
On December 3, 2019, Dr. Claudia Krebs spoke on Leveraging the Power of the Digital Revolution to Tranform the Education Experience. For more information, see the poster [PDF 277 kB].
Medical Education Research and Innovation Showcase
MERIS (Medical Education Research and Innovation Showcase) is a one and a half day conference that presents research and innovation relevant to medical, interprofessional and health professions education. As an attendee, you’ll join other professionals with a common interest in medical and health professions education.
It’s not only a perfect opportunity to meet and share information with faculty, preceptors, residents and students in the medical, dental and health professions community, it’s also a chance to mingle with other members of the greater Dalhousie community.
We invite all members of the medical, dental and health professions communities, as well as the Dalhousie community at large, to attend and present when this occurs each year
This offers a forum for faculty, residents and student to present their scholarly/professional working topics such as curriculum, teaching,/learning, evaluation and faculty development in undergraduate, postgraduate and continuing education.
Next Showcase: June 10-11, 2020
Locations: (live in NS; videoconferenced to NB)
- Halifax - Theatre A, Tupper Link Building
- Fredericton - June 10 - Room 220; June 11 - Room 208 (after 10 a.m.)
- Mirimichi - Room 3112
- Moncton - Room 1712
- Saint John - Theatre 102
- Upper River Valley - Room 14-020
Please see the sidebar box for information and form for abstract submission.
Dr. Karen Mann Lectureship in Medical Education
Each year we remember our friend and colleague Dr. Karen Mann with a high-profile lecturer in medical education.
- 2019 - Dr. Lorelei Lingard, Western - The Many Faces of Clinical Supervision (June 21, 2019) [brief bio]
- 2018 - Dr. Keven Eva, UBC - Finding Your Niche in Health Professional Education Scholarship (June 8, 2018) [brief bio]
Video - June 8, 2018 lecture
Dr. Kevin Eva's lecture begins at ~17:25 in the video.
Criteria for speaker nomination [pdf 95 kB]