Global Health News» Go to news main
Atlantic Council for International Cooperation Annual Symposium
Date: Oct. 3 & 4, 2019
Location: St. John's, NL
Gender Equality: The Power of Storytelling to Build Relationships and Collaboration
Symposium Registration is now open!
They are also accepting submissions for a total of 8 thematic workshops: 4 workshops from our members and/ or local organizations in two, 90-minute concurrent time slots on Friday, October 4th.
Apply to facilitate using the Workshop Proposal form, and find more information here: www.acicsymposium.org/workshops. Applications must be received by 4pm on Wednesday, Sep. 4th.
We will provide a stipend of $200 per workshop provided (regardless of how many facilitators).
There are also a limited number of $300 travel subsidies available for member organizations in good standing* who will be coming from outside of Newfoundland (*membership fees paid in full). Participants may indicate interest for a travel subsidy in the Symposium Registration form.
Along with workshops and networking time, ACIC will be hosting two panels on this year’s themes. Keynote speaker will be Southern Speaker Symposium Fund recipient, Lissy Chacko, a lawyer with experience practicing family law and working with institutional and community development programs in Kerala, India.
See more information as speakers and workshops facilitators are confirmed here: www.acicsymposium.org/speakers.
Submit your completed Workshop Proposal Form online by 4pm on Sep. 4th. If you have any questions, please be in touch with Janelle Frail at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone ACIC’s Halifax office at 902.431.2311.
- Equity, Diversity, Inclusion in Academia: Progress & Opportunities
- Panel Discussion: Reproductive Rights and Advocacy
- Global Health Interventions: Lessons from Nova Scotia and West Africa
- Global Health Day 2019
- The Importance of Black Canadian Studies in Medical Education
- Show Up and Write Thursdays 2019/2020
- Atlantic Council for International Cooperation Annual Symposium
- Canadian Society of Addiction Medicine Annual Meeting and Scientific Conference