Expanding the classroom
As a Dalhousie student or resident, there are many opportunities for you to develop your skills both in Canada and overseas. Global health programs expose you to the core issues and ethical considerations of global health work, provide experience with the realities of delivering health care in low-resource settings, and encourage you to contribute your time and effort towards local and international health causes.
2019 - 2020 Global Health Education Information Session
Dalhousie students interested in participating in global health education experiences are invited to attend the info session on Oct 9, 2019 @ 5 PM in Tupper G36 / DMNB 218. Come learn about our opportunities, the application process, funding and pre-departure training.
Check out the programs specific to your area of study:
Please note that Students, faculty, and staff at Dalhousie University who travel internationally for various purposes including pursuing scholarly research and academic studies abroad are required to review the Dalhousie University International Travel Policy (2019) [PDF]
For further information on Global Health Education Abroad please review the 2018 - 2019 International Education Handbook. [PDF 1.2MB]
Looking for other opportunities?
We offer many options for global health engagement. Here are a few suggestions:
- Sign up for our bi-weekly bulletin to receive the lateset news directly to your inbox
- We update our online news listings weekly - check them out!
- Follow us on social media through our Twitter, Facebook and Instagram accounts - we are @DalGlobalHealth
- Join us for one of the many events and activities held throughout the year
- Contact us if you don't see exactly what you're looking for