Health and wellbeing for all
We recognize the transnational, interconnected nature of health as well as the inequities that exist within and between countries.
We work with local, national and international partners to address the determinants of health, improve health systems and outcomes, and advance health equity in our local communities and worldwide.
We are actively engaged in conversations about the decolonization of global health, and the structural changes needed to move toward more equitable health futures.
“Global health is an area for study, research, and practice that places a priority on improving health and achieving equity in health for all people worldwide." Koplan et al. (2009)
Global Health Opportunities at Dalhousie
- International Global Health Experiences for Medical Students and Residents
- Research in Medicine: We can help facilitate research opportunities for students related to Global Health. Please contact email@example.com if you are looking for global health possibilities for your RIM project.
- Student Groups:
- Global Health Initiative (GHI): GHI is Dalhousie Medicine’s student-led global health initiative, and a great way to engage with global health during your training. Global Health Initiative Facebook Page
- Sign up for our e-bulletin to receive the latest news directly to your inbox
- We update our online news listings weekly - check them out!
- Follow us on social media through our Twitter, Facebook and Instagram accounts - we are @DalGlobalHealth
- Join us for one of the many events and activities held throughout the year
- Nominate someone for a Global Health Award
- Contact us if you don't see exactly what you're looking for
Global Health Organization Partners and Global Health Resources
- Canadian Association for Global Health
- Canadian Partnership for Women and Children’s Health (CanWaCH)
- International Development Research Centre
- Women in Global Health
- Atlantic Council for International Cooperation
- The Canadian Association for Global Health MentorNet program connects Students and Young Professionals (SYPs) interested in global health with experts in the field for discussion and coaching over a period of 10 to 12 months. Please see here for more information and application details.
- Canadian Federation of Medical Students Global Health Programs
- Global Health Post-2020 panel (video)
- Decolonizing Global Health: If not now then when? (article)
- Decolonizing Global Health Education: Rethinking Institutional Partnerships and Approaches (article)
- How Do We Decolonize Global Health in Medical Education? (article)
- Developing Residency Training in Global Health: A Guidebook
- CAIR Guidelines for Resident Physician Participation in Global Health Elective Placements