Health and wellbeing for all
We recognize the transnational, interconnected nature of health as well as the inequities that exist within and between countries.
We work with local, national and international partners to address the determinants of health, improve health systems and outcomes, and advance health equity in our local communities and worldwide.
“Global health is an area for study, research, and practice that places a priority on improving health and achieving equity in health for all people worldwide." Koplan et al. (2009)
Global Health at Dalhousie is grounded in the following principles, drawn from the Canadian Coalition of Global Health Research (now the Canadian Association for Global Health.):
- Authentic partnering
- Shared benefits
- Commitment to the future
- Responsiveness to causes of inequities
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic all international electives/placements are on hold. Please contact Angela Day for other global health opportunities for the 2021/2022 academic year.
Please note that Students, faculty, and staff at Dalhousie University who travel internationally for various purposes including pursuing scholarly research and academic studies abroad are required to review the Dalhousie University International Travel Policy (2019) [PDF]
Looking for other opportunities?
We offer many options for global health engagement. Here are a few suggestions:
- Sign up for our bi-weekly bulletin to receive the lateset news directly to your inbox
- We update our online news listings weekly - check them out!
- Follow us on social media through our Twitter, Facebook and Instagram accounts - we are @DalGlobalHealth
- Join us for one of the many events and activities held throughout the year
- Contact us if you don't see exactly what you're looking for