Global Health News» Go to news main
Short‑Documentary Screening: Period. End of Sentence
Date: Thursday, March 5, 2020 @ 6 PM
Location: IWK, O.E. Smith Theatre (5850/5980 University Ave, Halifax, NS)
Please join the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology Global Health Unit for a screening of the 2018 Oscar winning documentary Period. End of Sentence.
The documentary follows a group of local women in Harpur, India, who fight the stigma surrounding menstruation and begin manufacturing sanitary pads.
For more information and the trailer: https://thepadproject.org/period-end-of-sentence/
The documentary will be followed by a short and informal discussion.
All are welcome!
Light Refreshments will be provided.
If you have any questions, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- SPARK: A Discussion Group on Equity in Medicine ‑ Guest Speaker Dr. Chadwick Williams
- Black Excellence in STEM and Health Research Symposium
- Global Health Journal Club: International Women's Day
- IHIM Virtual Sharing Circle
- Survey: Training and Tools for Supporting French‑speaking Patients
- Global Health Journal Club
- SPARK: A Discussion Group on Equity in Medicine ‑ Guest Speaker Dr. Mamta Gautam
- Spark: A Discussion Group on Equity in Medicine: Aging in the Workplace