Global Health News» Go to news main
Short‑Documentary Screening: Period. End of Sentence
Date: Thursday, March 5, 2020 @ 6 PM
Location: IWK, O.E. Smith Theatre (5850/5980 University Ave, Halifax, NS)
Please join the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology Global Health Unit for a screening of the 2018 Oscar winning documentary Period. End of Sentence.
The documentary follows a group of local women in Harpur, India, who fight the stigma surrounding menstruation and begin manufacturing sanitary pads.
For more information and the trailer: https://thepadproject.org/period-end-of-sentence/
The documentary will be followed by a short and informal discussion.
All are welcome!
Light Refreshments will be provided.
If you have any questions, feel free to email me at email@example.com
- Spark: A Discussion Group on Equity in Academic Medicine
- Short‑Documentary Screening: Period. End of Sentence
- Primary Health Care Research Day
- The Politics of Malnutrition
- Halifax Black Film Festival 2020
- Making it Count: Panel Discussion
- Black Excellence in Stem and Health Research Symposium
- Dal Reads with Michelle Sylliboy