- Support cultural change by promoting psychological safety, trust, and a culture of wellness.
- Provide leadership in the development of wellness initiatives across all departments in the Faculty of Medicine.
- Address the seven systemic drivers of burnout and engagement to improve wellness:
- Workload and Job demands
- Efficiency and Resources
- Meaning in Work
- Culture and Values
- Control and flexibility
- Social Support and community at work
- Work-Life Integration
(Shanafelt TD, Noseworthy JH. Executive Leadership and Physician Well-being: Nine Organizational Strategies to Promote Engagement and Reduce Burnout. Mayo Clin Proc. 2017 Jan;92(1):129-146. doi: 10.1016/j.mayocp.2016.10.004. Epub 2016 Nov 18. PMID: 27871627.)
- Bring key health and wellness stakeholders from across the Maritime provinces together to build a strong network of resources and supports that are complimentary, collaborative, and connected.
- Assist in facilitation of local wellness activities through the Wellness Implementation Group with representation from all departments across the Faculty of Medicine.
- Evaluate ongoing initiatives to ensure efficacy and contribute to understanding of wellbeing in medical education literature.