Global Health News» Go to news main
Grand Challenges Canada: Stars in Global Health Round 9
Deadline: August 3, 2017 at 3:00 p.m. ET
Through the Stars in Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Request for Proposals, Grand Challenges Canada seeks bold ideas for products, services and implementation models that could transform how persistent challenges in reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health are addressed in low- and middle-income countries.
Of particular interest to Grand Challenges Canada are innovations to improve reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health in humanitarian contexts, notably among internally displaced and refugee populations, as well as innovations that improve the sexual and reproductive health and rights of women and girls, so that they are empowered and have greater influence over their lives and futures.
Successful proposals will be awarded seed grants of up to CAD $100,000 for up to 12– 18 months to develop and test the proposed innovation.
For more information please visit the Grand Challenges website.
- Call for Nominations: 2018 Global Health Awards
- Call for Submissions: 2018 Global Health Photo Contest
- Centering Black Canadian Health
- Updates from Popular Culture: Weinstein, Trump and Violence Against Women, Solutions for the Future
- 16 Days Keynote Address
- 16 Days of Activism Against Gender‑based Violence At Dalhousie
- World AIDS Day Vigil
- Opening Lecture: 7th Annual Fear Memorial Conference