Global Health News» Go to news main
2024 Student Writing Competition
Submissions Due: April 30, 2024
Theme: Community Engagement
Word count: Approx. 500
Our office is excited to announce the 4th annual Student Writing Competition open to all students at Dalhousie University. Unpublished and published pieces that have not previously been chosen as a contest winner are eligible; approximately 500 words.
Students are encouraged to explore the theme of Community Engagement. This is of particular interest to students participating in the Community Engaged Service Learning Program, but all Dalhousie students are invited to participate. Submissions will be evaluated based on idea, organization, style and grammar.
NB. Students participating in the Community Engaged Service Learning program will be allowed to submit their critical reflection. Students will have the opportunity to edit their reflections before publishing.
Prizes will be awarded based on the following categories:
- Best Imagery
- Most Cohesive
- Best Literary Style
The 2023 winners were published in the Doctors Nova Scotia Magazine (Dec 2023, pg. 24-27)
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
- Catalyzing Change in Health Systems: Seminar #4 with Dr. David A Petrie
- Dalhousie Special Interest Forum for Global Mental Health and Leadership Development
- 2024 White Fragility Clinic Schedule
- 2024 Student Writing Competition
- Fall 2023 White Fragility Clinic
- Climate Course for Global Gastroenterology
- PLANS Health Professions Exploration Day
- 2023 Student Writing Competition