Global Health News» Go to news main
Grand Challenges Canada Stars in Global Health: Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights
RFP Submission Deadline: Tuesday, September 25, 2018 at 3:00pm (ET)
Sexual and reproductive health and rights are fundamental to gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls. Investing in sexual and reproductive health is cost effective and critical to boosting economic growth and advancing the health, rights, and wellbeing of women and girls, their families, and their communities. While women and girls are the center of this development agenda, engaging men and boys is also critical to achieving gender equality.
Through this Stars in Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (Stars in SRHR) Request for Proposals, Grand Challenges Canada seeks bold ideas for products, services and implementation models that could transform how persistent challenges in sexual and reproductive health and rights are addressed in low- and middle-income countries. The bold ideas are expected to improve the provision and use of comprehensive sexual and reproductive health services, (e.g. contraception; comprehensive sexuality education; safe abortion where legal; and menstrual hygiene management). Of particular interest to Grand Challenges Canada are innovations that improve the prevention of and response to sexual and gender-based violence, and to child, early, and forced marriage, so that women and girls are empowered and have greater influence over their lives and futures.
For more information please visit the Grand Challenges Canada website.
- Zero Pain Conference
- HIV/AIDS Awareness Week Red Ribbon Flag‑raising
- Understanding social inequalities in health and health care: Evidence and policy implications
- Tropical and Geographic Medicine, Intensive Short Course
- Global Health: Annual Review ‑ Call for Papers
- How have visiting teams been most useful and what are the main challenges?
- Winter Clothing Drive Collection: Dalhousie International Centre
- Black Men's Health Conference