5909 Veterans Memorial Lane
Halifax, NS B3H 2E2
- Bipolar disorder
- Anxiety disorders
- Early interventions
- Cognitive behaviour therapy
- Social anxiety disorder
MA (Palacky University, Olomouc, Czech Republic)
PhD (Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic)
DClinPsy (Doctorate in Clinical Psychology; Institute of Psychiatry, King’s College London, UK)
Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (Institute of Psychiatry, King’s College London, UK)
Dr. Pavlova is interested in identifying and treating anxiety disorders in people with mood disorders. She runs a pilot study of cognitive behavioural therapy for social anxiety disorder in people with bipolar disorder. She is also involved in a study that explores development of mental health and wellbeing in young people and the use of psychological interventions to prevent severe mental illness.
- MacKenzie L.E., Uher R., Pavlova B. Cognitive performance in first-degree relatives of individuals with vs without major depressive disorder: A meta-analysis. JAMA Psychiatry. In Press.
- Pavlova B., Perroud N., Cordera P., Uher R., Alda M., Dayer A., Aubry J.-M. (2018). Anxiety disorders and childhood maltreatment as predictors of outcome in bipolar disorder. Journal of Affective Disorders. 225: 337-341.
- Pavlova B., Perlis R.H., Mantere O., Sellgren C.M., Isometsä E., Mitchell P.B., Alda M., Uher R. (2017): Prevalence of current anxiety disorders in people with bipolar disorder during euthymia: a meta-analysis. Psychological Medicine. 47: 1107-1115.
- Meier S.M., Uher R., Mors O., Dalsgaard S., Munk-Olsen T., Laursen T.M., Mattheisen M., Nordentoft, M., Mortensen, P.B., Pavlova B. (2016): Specific anxiety disorders and subsequent risk for bipolar disorder: a nationwide study. World Psychiatry. 15(2): 187-188
- Pavlova B., Perlis R.H., Alda M., Uher R. (2015): Lifetime prevalence of anxiety disorders in people with bipolar disorder: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Lancet Psychiatry. 2(8):710-717.
- Canadian Association of Cognitive and Behavioural Therapies
- Canadian Psychological Association
- Psychological therapies for mood disorders
- Cognitive behavioural therapy supervision