Suite 3121, AJLB
5909 Veterans' Memorial Lane
Halifax, NS B3H 2E2
- Emotional processing
- Full list of publications
- Dr. Kinley is the Director, Mental Health Day Treatment Program, Capital Health Mental Health Program, Queen Elizabeth Health Science Centre, Halifax, NS
BA/BSc (Queen’s University)
MD (Dalhousie University)
Dr. Kinley promotes psychological and behavioural health and resilience using the Science of Neuroplasticity. Her interests include the prevention of mental illness and the promotion of mental health and fitness. Her work is interdisciplinary, collaborative, and contributes to both the academic literature and affecting change in health practice and policy nationally.
- 2014 Tasca, G.A., Sylvestre, J., Balfour, L., Chyurlia, L., Evans, J., Fortin-Langelier, B., Francis, K., Gandhi, J., Huehn, L., Hunsley, J., Joyce, A.S., Kinley, J., Koszycki, D., Leszcz, M., Lybanon-Daigle, V., Mercer, D., Ogrodniczuk, J.S., Presniak, M., Ravitz, P., Ritchie, K., Talbot, T., Wilson, B. (in press). What clinicians want: Findings from a psychotherapy practice research network survey. Psychotherapy.
- 2013 Kinley, J.L., Reyno, S. Changes in Alexithymia following 6 weeks Intensive Group Psychotherapy. Journal of Brief Psychotherapy. November 2013.
- 2013 Kinley, J.L., Reyno, S. Developing an Integrated and Graded Psychotherapy Residency Curriculum that Allows for the Parallel Cognitive and Emotional Growth. Journal of Academic Psychiatry. November 2013
- 2013 Kinley, J.L., Maxan, E. MHDTP: Fostering Resilience in Patients with Axis I & Axis II Disorders, International Journal of Mental Health.
- 2013 Kinley, J. Reyno, S., Attachment Style Changes Following An Intensive Short-term Group Psychotherapy Program – The International Journal of Group Psychotherapy, Jan 2013
Selected awards and honours
- 2014 Anne Alonso Award for Excellence in Psychodynamic Research, AGPA Boston
- 2013 PGY 5 Excellence in Mentorship – Dalhousie University Department in Psychiatry
- Doctors Nova Scotia
- Canadian Group Psychotherapy Association
- Head, Section of Psychotherapy, Canadian Psychiatric Association
- Chair, National Training, Canadian Group Psychotherapy Association
- Director Psychotherapy Training, Dalhousie University
Service & Activity
- Board Member, Canadian Mental Health Association
- Representative, Council of Provinces, Canadian Psychiatric Association
- 2011 - 2014 President, Canadian Group Psychotherapy Association