Room 4066, AJLB.
5909 Veterans' Memorial Lane
Halifax, NS B3H 2E2
- Brain imaging
- Cognitive impairment
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Neurodegenerative diseases
Bachelor of Science, Physiology & Psychology (The University of Western Ontario) 1978
Master of Arts, Psychology (The University of Western Ontario) 1979
Doctor of Philosophy, Psychology (The University of Western Ontario) 1984
Postdoctoral Fellowship, (The University of Western Ontario) 1984
Postdoctoral Fellowship, (Brandeis University) 1985
Dr. Fisk’s is a neuropsychologist specializing in neurodegenerative disorders. His research is focused on multiple sclerosis, dementia, systemic lupus erythematosus and Parkinson’s disease and examines the epidemiology of these disorders, their early cognitive symptoms and associated neuroimaging measures, and the effects of these disorders on health-related quality of life.
- Wojtowicz, M.A., Mazerolle, E.L., Bhan, V., Fisk, J.D. Altered Functional Connectivity and Performance Variability in Relapsing Remitting Multiple Sclerosis. Multiple Sclerosis Journal, 2014 Mar 11. [Epub ahead of print].
- Mazerolle, E.L., Wojtowicz, M.A., Omisade, A., Fisk, J.D. Intra-individual variability in information processing speed reflects multiple sclerosis-related microstructural changes in white matter. NeuroImage Clinical, 2013; 2:894-902. (PMC 3777766)
- Wojtowicz, M., Omisade, A., Fisk, J.D. Indices of cognitive dysfunction in Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis: Intra-individual variability, processing speed and attention network efficiency. Journal of the International Neuropsychological Society, 2013;19:551–558.
- Marrie, R.A., Fisk, J.D., Bo, N.Y., Leung, S., Elliott. L., Caetano, P. Warren, S.,
Evans, C., Wolfson, C., Svenson, L.W., Tremlett, H., Blanchard, J., Patten, S.B. for the CIHR Team in the Epidemiology and Impact of Comorbidity on Multiple Sclerosis. Mental comorbidity and multiple sclerosis: validating administrative data to support population-based surveillance. BMC Neurology, 2013; 13(1):16.
- Hanly, J.G., Su, L., Omisade, A., Farewell, V. and Fisk, J.D. Screening for cognitive impairment in systemic lupus erythematosus and rheumatoid arthritis. Journal of Rheumatology 2012; 39(7):1371-7.
Selected awards and honours
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada Postdoctoral Fellowship (1984-1985)
- Dalhousie University, Clinical Psychology Program: Outstanding Clinical Service Award, (1998)
- Canadian Council of Professional Psychology Programs Award for Excellence in Professional Training (2009)
- Society for Neuroscience (1985-present)
- Canadian Psychological Association (1985-present)
- Nova Scotia Board of Examiners in Psychology - Registered Psychologist (1987- present)
- Supervisor of Predoctoral Residents in Clinical Psychology, QE II Health Sciences Centre (accredited by the Canadian Psychological Association)
- Supervisor of Doctoral Theses, Clinical Psychology Program, Dalhousie University
- Supervisor of clinical practica in Psychology, Dalhousie University
Service & Activity
- Chair, Clinical and Population Health Research Review Committee, MS Society of Canada
- Member, CIHR Behavioural Sciences - B-2 Committee.
- Director, endMS Atlantic Regional Research and Training Centre